Solvay PhD Chemistry Recruitment 2023 – Candidates Apply Online
Dont forget to check out possible interview questions for this job below
Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. Research Scientist job opening 2023. Ph.D. Chemistry job opening 2023. Ph.D. job opening 2023, Ph.D. Chemistry job opening 2023. Intrested and eligible candidates may check out all the details
Job Title: Research Scientist (Polymer chemistry)
Job ID 24834
Location: Vadodara, India
- Ph.D. in Polymer Chemistry/Polymer Science or related discipline with minimum two years post-doctoral experience.
- Experience in Polycondensation polymerization or Organic chemistry is prefer
- Synthesis of polymer and characterization of polymers and study their performance
- Open and collaborative mindset
- Good command of English
You will get:
- Competitive salary
- 16 weeks of maternity/paternity and co-parenting leave
- Training platform for all employees
- Free language courses (24 languages available)
- Free well-being sessions (physical and psychological)
They are looking for:
For our Research & Innovation Center in Vadodara, India, we are looking for Research Scientist position to support existing projects, troubleshoot plant process and create medium/long-term innovation projects in the field of polymeric materials. Main task leading to synthesis of polymer and study the performance anddelivering on the business growth. Research Scientist is expected to generate original ideas in the field of polymeric materials and contribute to expansion of group’s patent portfolio. Interaction and assimilation of ideas from global teams and finding synergistic opportunities is practiced by research scientist.
We count on you for:
• Maintains a safe work environment for self and others.
• Strong background and experience in synthetic polymer chemistry with proven track record.
• Fundamental understanding of structure-property-performance correlation in the area of polymers.
• Hand-on experience on material development and characterization using various analytical tools.
• Leads or assists in the scale-up of new molecules from laboratory/pilot plant to commercial scale.
• Excellent communication skills and should be able to mentor and develop junior researchers.
• Any other duties required by the business
You can count on us for:
- Training and personal development
- Exposure to global business environment in addition to the local business focus
- One of the most extensive specialty polymers portfolios in the industry
- Customer Excellence support and analytics
Important Interview Questions and Answers for the above job role:
- Can you tell us about your educational background and work experience in the chemical or bulk drug manufacturing industry?
- Answer: I have completed my B.Sc. in Chemistry and have 4 years of work experience in the production department of a chemical manufacturing industry. During this time, I gained experience in batch production operations, following process steps as per batch manufacturing record, monitoring and tracking in-process results, and adhering to safety instructions and guidelines.
- What experience do you have working with automation systems like DCS and SCADA?
- Answer: During my previous job, I worked with automation systems like DCS and SCADA. I am familiar with their operations and have experience in using them to monitor and control batch production operations.
- Can you describe your understanding of workplace safety, HAZOP study, and compliance with GMP practices?
- Answer: I have a good understanding of workplace safety, HAZOP study, and compliance with GMP practices. I am aware of the importance of using appropriate PPEs, adhering to work permit systems, LOTO, and reporting any deviations to shift in-charge immediately. I also understand the requirement of cosmetic GMP/CGMP guidelines and can ensure compliance to in-process and critical process parameters.
- How do you handle deviations from the batch manufacturing record and report them to shift in-charge?
- Answer: If I notice any deviations from the batch manufacturing record during production operations, I immediately report them to the shift in-charge. I understand the importance of following process steps as per batch manufacturing record, and any deviation could impact the quality of the end product. Therefore, I take necessary steps to ensure that the process is completed as per the batch manufacturing record.
- How do you manage your work-life balance, and what initiatives do you think a company can take to promote employee wellbeing?
- Answer: I understand the importance of work-life balance and try to manage it by prioritizing my work, setting realistic goals, and taking breaks when necessary. I think companies can promote employee wellbeing by providing initiatives like a subsidized cafeteria, transportation, medical insurance, professional development opportunities, and an inclusive work environment. Additionally, initiatives like the employee wellbeing and assistance program and a speak-up culture can help employees feel supported and valued.
Editors Note: Solvay PhD Chemistry Recruitment Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.