SNBNCBS Summer Research Programme – 2023 – Applications Invited
S. N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences announces Summer Research Programme – 2023 to be conducted during the period from 01/05/2023 to 15/07/2023. Intrested and eligible candidates may check out all the details on the same below:
Students in first / second year of M.Sc. or 4th / 5th year of Integrated M.Sc. in Physical,
Chemical and Mathematical Sciences (including Physics, Applied Mathematics, Applied
Optics and/or Photonics, Applied Physics, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Biophysics,
Biotechnology, Chemistry, Electronics, Engineering Physics, Material Sciences,
Duration The project will be for a period of eight weeks (with no break) under the supervision of a Faculty Member of SNBNCBS. Extensions are not allowed.
– This is not equivalent to an M.Sc. dissertation.
– On-campus accommodation may be provided based on the request and availability of
hostels rooms on the basis of rent (currently Rs. 100/- per day).
– Access to computational and library facilities will be provided as per rule of the Centre.
– Each candidate must submit a formal Joining Letter on joining
– Candidates who have INSPIRE or other funding support for the Summer Project must
mention it clearly in their
– At the end of the project, students are required to give a presentation on their work and
also submit a project report for the award of completion certificate
– Selected candidates must abide by the rules and regulations applicable to the regular
students of SNBNCBS
Selected students who are funded by SNBNCBS will receive
(i) Rs 2,000 per week to cover the all the expenses including hostel fee
(ii) return AC III tier train fare for the shortest route between their place of work/residence and nearest railway station to SNBNCBS
How to Apply
Interested students with consistently good academic record may fill up the online application form (https://forms.gle/5qFzNzwu3JF82q8L6).
(i) Students must contact (through email) and get consent of the respective faculty
members before submitting the online application. The list of members of the faculty of the
Centre and their fields of research are available in the website of the Centre
(ii) Updated CV should be uploaded during online application.
(iii) One recommendation letter (scanned copy duly signed in the official letterhead)
should be uploaded by the referee through the online form
(https://forms.gle/zt2mpGsejbPd7Qqy8) by the concerned Head of the Department or
by a senior member of the Faculty, who has taught the student
– Last date for receipt of online application form: 16/04/2023
– Publication of list of selected candidates: 24/04/2023
– Summer Research Programme start date: 01/05/2023
– Duration: 8 (eight) weeks (between 01/05/2023 to 15/07/2023)
Editors Note: SNBNCBS Summer Research Programme Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.