Schrödinger Medicinal Chemistry Scientist Vacancy – Apply Online
They are looking for a highly motivated medicinal chemist to join our team of scientists to advance drug discovery projects driven by cutting-edge computational methods in structure-based drug discovery. The ideal candidate will be an expert in modern methods of organic synthesis, hands-on experience in planning and execution of multi-step synthesis of complex heterocycles and/or natural products, analysis of structure-activity relationship (SAR) and multiparameter optimization for nominating drug candidates.
Job Title: Medicinal Chemistry Scientist
Location – Hyderabad
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Ph.D. in Synthetic Organic Chemistry or Medicinal Chemistry with postdoctoral training (preferred) and 4+ years of relevant experience (Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry, CRO, or other relevant experience) with proven track record in medicinal chemistry.
- Expert knowledge of synthetic organic chemistry and strong track record of planning and hands-on execution of multi-step synthesis. Developing and directing clear synthetic routes/strategies towards complex molecules using state-of-the-art synthetic methodologies in a time-sensitive manner..
- Proficient in interpretation of analytical methods for compound characteristics (1D and 2D NMR, LC/MS, and other analytical techniques).
- Demonstrated track record of innovative solutions to research problems and delivering on project goals
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation)
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience in medicinal chemistry
- Experience with outsourcing synthetic chemistry via CRO’s
- Experience with structure-based drug design (SBDD) and actively collaborating with Computational Chemist / molecular modelers on drug discovery programs.
- Exposure to intellectual property management, patent analysis. Understanding of Biology, Pharmacology, DMPK, Toxicology and ability to integrate these disciplines toward successful project progression.
- Design and synthesis of the New Chemical Entities (NCEs) for drug discovery programs
- Provide synthetic chemistry expertise and actively collaborate with computational chemists, medicinal chemists, biologists and other scientists in drug discovery projects
- Design drug substances to address specific issues and optimize multi-parameter for identifying preclinical development candidates
- Design and optimize synthetic routes for small molecule targets emerging from next generation modeling approaches
- Manage CRO-based synthesis efforts to access small molecule targets
- Contribute to evaluation of new drug target opportunities.
- Work closely with the internal software development teams to improve Schrödinger’s drug discovery technologies
Editors Note: Schrödinger Medicinal Chemistry Scientist Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.