Shell Technology Process Engineer Vacancy – Chemical Engineering
Shell Technology process engineer vacancy. Chemical engineering job opening 2022. Chemical engineer vacancy 2022. Candidates with bachelor’s and master’s degree in chemical engineering may apply for the job vacancy at Process Engineer. Chemical engineering job vacancy 2022. Check out all the details on the same below:
Job Title: Process Engineer – Hydroprocessing
Eligibility Criteria: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Chemical engineering
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a chemical complex or a refining facility.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following technologies: Hydrocracking, Hydrotreating, and Gas processing.
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve asset problems with maintenance and operations.
- Utilization of problem-solving techniques to resolve design & engineering issues.
- Knowledge of integration between process units
- Experience using industry-standard process simulation software
Problem solving skills –
- knowledge of engineering standards and best practices.
- Understanding fundamentals of flow measurement technology, basic mass, and energy balance
- Experience in data quality assurance checks, troubleshooting, and statistics
- FIM investigation, MOC knowledge.
- Self-starter and an independent worker capable of collaborating in a team environment with an ability to build strong effective relationships with asset production teams while working remotely
- Ability to articulate and defend a case for change or improvement.
Proven collaboration competencies
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple tasks, and demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills
- Good organization, documentation, and follow-up.
- Time management skills.
Specific activities can include (but not limited to):
- Generate and review unit KPI dashboards, and to raise awareness on, create response plans and discuss risks as part of the continuous unit proactive monitoring.
- Identifies and discusses Threats & Opportunities
- Collaborate to build monthly reports which capture short, medium, and long-term perspectives for future learning.
- Actively participates in the ESP Process through leading Alarm Review meetings and engaging in Console Review meetings with Production PTMs and sharing unit status updates / escalating issues in daily unit PE Huddle meetings.
- Assists Production and Maintenance with troubleshooting process issues and may escalate to UE for additional support.
- Owns, develops, selects, and implements solutions to operational and/or customer-centric risks and opportunities for smaller scope using OPEX-related MOCs.
- Provides monthly, quarterly and annual input for production accounting and regulatory reporting (i.e. Solomon, yield reporting, flaring, chemical costs, etc).
- Identifying violations of the Operating Window, IOW, and DOW
- Developing of proposals to address identified immediate threats
- Detailed root-cause analysis of abnormalities
- Developing of proposals to optimize the unit.
The key accountability of the Process Engineer is providing support of the technical content for their respective technology or theme area. Performs technical monitoring of the process technology against the safe operating envelope and limits for the processing unit(s) that reside within their technology or theme area base. Audits and supports technical content development and other unit performance KPI’s to assure the operation is compliant. The purpose of this activity is to understand unit and equipment performance, identify threats, troubleshoot performance and reliability gaps, and identify opportunities for improvement. This activity feeds into multiple deliverables.
• Provides inputs and guidance to the OSE’s/CSE’s assigned to the physical assets to ensure their assigned assets are operated in a safe, environmentally sound, and reliable manner in accordance with the license to operate and the defined safe operating envelope.
• Maintains up-to-date technology-specific knowledge through LFI, technical networks, etc. so as to be able to proactively identify threats to the units or business coming from the wider Shell organization or industry knowledge and practices.
• Identify opportunities to improve unit capacity, yield, availability, and utilization in support of the site and business plans.
• Participates in technology forums, and conferences to share learning and maintain and improve competencies in their specialty.
• Maintains and help’s develop training materials and guidance manuals designed for Engineers in conjunction with P&T and Learning.
Editors Note: Shell Technology Process Engineer Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.