DST Inspire Faculty Fellowship 2021 Announced – Pharmacy
Applications/Nominations for the year 2021 are invited for INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship.
INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship Scheme is a component under INSPIRE for young researchers in the age group of 27-32 years. Inspire Faculty Fellowship 2021 DST – Rs 1.25 Lakh pm + Rs 7 Lakh Research Grant.
- Indian citizens and people of Indian origin with PIO status having PhD degrees (in pharmacy subjects) from any recognized university in the world.
- Candidates should possess a minimum of 60% (or equivalent CGPA) marks throughout
their academic profile starting from the Higher Secondary Examination (Class 12onwards)
- Those who have submitted their PhD theses and are awaiting the award of degree shall also be eligible. However, selection for the Fellowship will be confirmed only after the PhD degree is awarded.
- The upper age limit as on 1st Jan 2021 is 32 years for General Category. However, for
SC/ST/Women candidates, the upper age limit will be 37 years. For persons with benchmark disabilities (Divyangjan with not less than 40 percent of a specified disability), the upper age limit will be 42 years.
- Publication(s) in highly reputed journals demonstrating outstanding research potential of the candidate.
- Candidates who are employed in regular/contractual positions within India may also apply for INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship for improvement and enhancement in their career
prospects but, upon selection, the candidates will need to resign (no lien or deputation or any type of leave would be accepted) from the current job and organization before taking up the INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship. The candidates, who get selected for regular positions in any institute/university after submission of IFF application, would be entitled to receive the Research Grant only as INSPIRE Faculty Fellows.
- Candidates who are within the top 1% in Class 12 examination, IIT-JEE rank holders, 1st rank holders either in graduation or post-graduation level university examinations.
Age Limit: The upper age limit as on 01 January 2021 is 32 years for General Category (i.e. those born on or after 01 January 1989) and 37 years for SC/ST/Women candidates (i.e. those born on or after 01 January 1984) candidates. For persons with benchmark disabilities (Divynangjan with not less than 40 percent of a specified disability) the upper age limit will be 42 years (i.e. those born on or after 01
Mode of Application
- Eligible candidates need to submit applications ONLINE through the portal of INSPIRE
program. No other mode of submission of the application is permitted.
- To apply ONLINE, please visit the website: www.online-inspire.gov.in and follow the
process described therein. After successful submission of the application online, the
candidate may obtain a printout of the application and keep it for his/her personal
Method of Selection
- The Indian National Science Academy (INSA), New Delhi, in coordination with DST, is
implementing this INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship Scheme up to the stage of
recommendation of candidates for INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship.
- A three-tier selections process, viz. evaluation by discipline-based Expert Committees
(INSA), followed by the recommendations of the Apex Level Committee (INSA) and INSPIRE
Faculty Award Council (DST). Based on the recommendations of these Committees, DST
makes the final selection.
Amount and Duration of INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship
- Each selected INSPIRE Faculty Fellow will be eligible to receive a consolidated amount of
Rs.1,25,000/- per month as fellowship. In addition, a Research Grant of Rs.7.0 lakh every year for 5 years will also be provided to each successful candidate including the carryforward amount, if any, from the previous year. The consolidated amount of Rs.1,25,000 per month is an all-inclusive fellowship and taxable as per the Indian IT Act.
- The INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship is for a maximum period of 5(five) years. No Fellow
should avail two fellowships concurrently during the tenure of this Fellowship period.
Terms and Conditions for Implementation
- Candidates, who have not identified host institutions at the time of their application, should do so immediately after their final selection. All selected candidates should avail the INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship within 3 months of their final selection.
- A selected candidate, who is yet to be awarded the Ph.D. degree, will receive intimation for submission of his/her Ph.D. degree certificate within 3 months to avoid forfeiting the
opportunity. Upon submission of the Ph.D. degree certificate, the Offer Letter will be issued to the candidate through the web portal with 3 months’ validity to undertake the fellowship at the chosen Host Institution.
- Selected INSPIRE Faculty Fellows joining private academic/research institutes shall
receive only the Research Grant and their host institutions will have to pay the fellowship
amount as per Scheme norms.
- In case an INSPIRE Faculty Fellow finds a permanent position during the tenure of the
Fellowship, the Fellowship amount shall be discontinued from the day the INSPIRE Faculty Fellow joins the permanent position, but he/she may continue with the INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship Scheme availing Research Grant only for the remaining period to carry out research while occupying the new position.
- The INSPIRE Faculty Fellow is eligible to apply for any competitive grant from various
funding agencies during the tenure of the INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship.
Role and requirements of Host Institutions
- Host institutions are expected to provide congenial atmosphere to INSPIRE Faculty
Fellows to enable them to excel in their work, and should view them as potential assets for faculty development. It is desirable if the host institutes introduce new areas/directions of research through this Scheme.
- Under no circumstances the “INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship” is renewable after 5(five)
years. Host institutions are expected to consider the “INSPIRE Faculty Fellows” for
permanent positions in due course, subject to their meeting institutional performance
- Host institutes should provide acceptable laboratory and office space (independently or on a shared basis), ensure access to all common infrastructural facilities, computing facilities, library etc., to the INSPIRE Faculty Fellows.
- Host institutes should provide information on whether the INSPIRE Faculty Fellow will be
allowed to supervise Ph.D. students, hire research fellows, independently or jointly with a permanent faculty member, while hosting the Faculty Fellows.
How To Apply:
Eligible candidates should apply only online. Please visit the website:
www.online-inspire.gov.in and follow the process prescribed therein. After submission of the online application, the candidate must obtain a printout of the application thus submitted for their records only.
Detailed Guidelines of the component are available at the Website: www.onlineinspire.gov.in.
The last date for ONLINE submission of the application is 4th October 2021.
How To Fill The Application Form
View Fellowship Scheme
View Main Notification
Editors Note: DST Inspire Faculty Fellowship Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.