List Of The Best Chemistry Research Paper Topics
Good chemistry research is a self-directed study mostly performed under the direct supervision or guidance of a professor. Students take up research works that associate with their main areas of interest and offer an opportunity to study particular chemical phenomena or reactions. Writing research papers are important for students in their professional development and growth. Nonetheless, the borders between various aspects of chemistry are obscure and young professionals commonly find it difficult to frame a good topic for a chemistry research paper.
Selecting a good topic is not a simple job, particularly when it comes to drafting a chemistry research paper. There are several pertinent topics in this domain, however, you must find and concentrate on one that reflects your skills and knowledge. This article provides a list of the best chemistry research paper topics.
Chemistry Research Paper Writing Guide
Top-notch research papers need good chemistry topics. Chemistry research paper topics chosen will vary based on the access to the research base, equipment & laboratories, and complexity. A well-conducted study will include norms and rules commonly acknowledged in the scientific community. Use the latest trends in scientific writing, including the language, style, organization, and structure of your paper. Consider people who have no professional expertise in chemistry while writing a research paper.
Prior to starting, make an outline to keep you on track. Contemplate on the subject to maintain the logical framework of your research. Carry out your study in an order such that the readers can follow your writing. Reduce the usage of personal pronouns as it can be quite confusing to figure out the reagent/material/action referring to. While writing a research paper, you must avoid employing the 1st and 2nd person. Nonetheless, you can describe your results in 1st or 2nd person.
It is always best to keep your writing in an active voice. Active voice constructions are more clear to the readers. Additionally, employ past tense to explain a process and present tense for scientific fact. This will keep your audience on track of what was carried out to attain the outcome and what is considered as a fact in your research paper. Be clear with abbreviations and chemical names for smooth reading.
Clear and neat writing is as crucial for the research paper’s success as the study itself. The potential to convey your conclusions and actions in writing determines your expertise in knowledge sharing and expressing vital details. Concentrate on the topic selected, gather data for supporting your findings, and compose the research paper like you are trying to describe it to a friend and not a colleague.
Interesting Chemistry Research Fields
As you look for chemistry research paper topics, it is important to select a topic that can fully disclose innovative methods to laboratory work or studies and interests you. Bear in mind that chemistry is not confined to acids dissolution or periodic table elements that most of the students recall from school. What students don’t find is that there are several fields of chemistry to research, like:
- Analytical chemistry: This is a branch of chemistry dealing with the determination of the percentage composition of mixtures & compounds and the identification of materials. Some of the commonly used analytical techniques include different kinds of chromatography (for identifying the components of mixtures), mass spectrometry (for determining and identifying the mass of the particles present in a mixture), nuclear magnetic resonance (for producing 3-D image), and electron & optical microscopy.
- Biomolecular research: This is also referred to as a high-throughput screening system. This is one of the most difficult scientific sectors that are popular in the identification of active genes & antibodies and drug discovery that can lead to specific breakthrough findings. Nonetheless, biomolecular research is not always challenging if the author follows a lucid format, supports difficult experiments with citation.
- Biochemistry: Even though the term seems obscure, its potential lies in extensive coverage of such different topics as usage of opioids for rehabilitation, genetics, healthcare, environmental protection, and so on. What makes this scientific domain more significant is the lab setting that increases the number of valuable topics as one can turn to modelling or simulations. In this field, experiments together with the study of reactions are researched with a relevant association with biology.
- Organic chemistry: This scientific field studies the diverse properties, composition, and structure of organic compounds. From reactions to production, an extensive study of this field is crucial for specials that work with living things, chemical engineers, dentists, and veterinarians. This field is of special interest as it studies several compounds that we daily use like paper, plastics, cloth, oils & fats, proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins, synthetic & natural rubber, and most of the elements that make up living things, from unicellular organism to complex animals and plants.
- Nanochemistry: This is a fairly cool and modern field that blends nanoscience accomplishments with chemistry. From genome study and synthesis to building models and blocks, it is extensively employed in military weapons construction and carbon nanotubes technology.
- Inorganic chemistry: Excluding carbon, all other elements in the periodic table are studied in this field. Inorganic chemists provide numerous useful things like beauty products, electronic components, computer chips, stains & paints, water purification & softening systems, building materials, household cleaning products, ceramics, alloys, and fertilizers.
- Physical chemistry: This is a subdiscipline of chemistry that studies the physical attributes of materials and associates these attributes to the substance’s structures. Professionals in this domain study both inorganic & organic compounds and quantify variables like heat needed to achieve a chemical transformation, the light absorbed by an element, and the temperature required to convert a solid into a liquid. This field is responsible for the understanding and theories of physical phenomena employed in inorganic & organic chemistry.
How To Choose A Good Chemistry Research Paper Topic?
Prior to listing down the best chemistry research paper topics, you have to adopt suitable methods to choose one. You need to feel comfortable composing research papers on the chosen chemistry topic. The actual scope of the chemistry must be understood prior to choosing the topic. The field is not just confined to the assessment of a few periodic tables and chemical equations. The new horizons of the field must be researched to find breakthrough chemistry research paper topics.
List Of Chemistry Research Paper Topics
Here are some of the best chemistry research paper topics.
Inorganic chemistry research paper topics
- Explanation of Dalton’s Law of partial pressures
- Importance of organic chemistry
- The difference between inorganic & organic compounds
- Application of silicon dioxide in solar cells
- Effects of sulfuric acid on organic material
- Explanation of different states of matter
- Explanation of the Law of multiple proportions
- Formation of sapphires
- Explanation of the saltiness of sodium chloride
Analytical chemistry research paper topics
- Chemical equilibrium effect
- Why do chemical reactions work not as planned?
- Dangers of chiral class drugs & ibuprofen
- Optical enantiomers flaws
- Isomerism framework advantages
- Amide bond’s function in polypeptide field
Relevant chemistry research paper topics
- Physical bonding & electronegative atoms
- Dihydroxyacetone phosphate conversion
- Low-level extraction & electrolysis
- Atomic structure progressive scale grading
- Mole concept & stoichiometry
- Lewis structure study
Innovative chemistry research paper topics
- BRCA1 gene modification & medicinal chemistry
- Nanophotonics use in aeronautics
- Photocatalysis in 3D printing
- Sustainable elements synthesis
- Polymers analysis in a restricted environment
- Avoiding pesticides in agriculture
Controversial chemistry research paper topics
- Bioconjugation chemistry dangers
- Synthetic molecules replication
- Biological machinery application
- Gene analysis & synthetic biology
- Chemical warfare ethics
- Fritz Haber personality
- Why is the reaction rate of few enzymes more compared to the diffusion rate?
- Synthetic food: making edible food items from inedible ones
- Are e-cigarettes toxic?
- What is the source of the alpha effect?
- How did non-living chemical compounds produce self-replicating & complex life forms during the evolution?
- Artificial organs: the future of transplantation
- How can photons (electromagnetic energy) be optimally converted into chemical energy?
- Alternatives of oil
- Where is the aging of cells established at a molecular level?
- How do molecules offer connectivity in living cells?
- How does molecule composition ascertain its appearance?
- Fertilizers: are they harmful or useful?
- Working of photocatalysis in 3D printers
- Working of water purification
- Effects of carboxylic acids on humans
- Analysis of the water memory effect
- Dangers of electronic cigarettes
- The hidden dangers of tap water
Popular chemistry research paper topics
- Amino acids side chain effects
- Molecules skeletal representation model
- Organic chemical reactivity functioning
- Hydrophobic effect phenomenon
- Dipole & hydrogen interaction
- Electrons & DNA delocalized rings
- The latest advancements in the chemistry of DNA
- The application of atom-thick graphene
- Chemicals & environmental pollution
- Benefits of plastics from non-petroleum products
- Effect of seawater on cloud formation and its chemistry
- Important trends in medicinal chemistry research
- Recent developments in the chemistry of adhesives
- Big data & biocomputing in chemical research
- Metal oxides in electronics
- The power of spun sugar strands in medicine
- The significance of biomacromolecules
- Study of residues in food
- Applications of silicon in cosmetic surgery
- Advanced applications of hydrogen
- Bioconjugates in chemical biology
- Behavioral study in biochemistry
- Nanotoxicology in the environment
- Developments in the atomic layer deposition
Other chemistry research paper topics
- Determination of chemical & physical indicators of milk
- Quantum-chemical computations of organic crystal structures
- Identification of heavy metals in plants
- Detection of cobalt & zinc ions in chemical industry wastewater
- Determination of food quality (natural honey, fresh meat, cow’s milk)
- Detection of nitrates in plants
- Qualitative reactions of barium, strontium, calcium, magnesium, beryllium, potassium, sodium, and lithium ions
- Exploration of thermal decomposition in colloidal solutions of iron oxides
- Research in decomposition processes of polymers
- Determination of water quality in a reservoir
- Study of electricity from chemical interactions of substances (lithium nickel batteries)
- Study of effects of aspirin on the human body and its chemical properties
- Study of chemical & physical properties of starch
- Observation of catalyst effect, temperature, and reactant concentration on chemical reaction
- Artificial development of diamonds & pearls
- Study of fundamentals of chemistry in food additives
- Study of enzymatic activity in biological fluids
- Study of properties & structure of anti-icing agents employed on city roads
- Production of thermocouple battery and measurement of temperature
- Computation of the output current of copper
- Reactions of fluoride ion on tooth enamel
- Reactions of heavy metals on the function of catalase
- Reactions of pH on plant growth
- Reactions of trace elements on plants
- Biologically active water effect on plant growth
- Compilation of dietary programs based on regular energy requirements; definition of nutritional standards
- Application of nanophotonics in military applications
- Composition of food dyes
- Ways to stabilize lithium
- Ionization techniques employed in the mass spectrometry process
- Causes of allergy
- Discovery of oxygen using hydrogen