AstraZeneca Oncology Pharma Medical Advisor Vacancy – Apply Online
AstraZeneca is an exciting global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical company. We’re inspired by what science can do. Driven by the desire to meet unmet patient needs in our core therapeutic areas. Bold in our thinking. Proactive in pursuing discoveries beyond imagination.
Job Title: Regional Medical Advisor- Oncology
Location: India – Maharashtra
Essential for the role
- Sound knowledge of basic research, drug discovery, drug development, clinical environment
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry, health care or research environment
- Proven ability to understand, assimilate and communicate scientific information
- Proven track record to engage and develop lasting relationships with key thought leaders in complex clinical environments
- Existing network within the TA ecosystem, with proven ability to influence decision-making processes in an ecosystem with multiple influential stakeholders
- Proven demonstration of successful working in complex cross-functional teams
- Good Planning and Organisational Skills
- Excellent Scientific knowledge
- Problem solving and Decision-making skills
- Ability to develop Strategic Partnerships
- Demonstrate AZ Values consistently
Desirable for the role
Relevant 1-2 years of experience in the Pharma industry preferably in Oncology. Open to look at MD-Pharmacology freshers
Key Duties and Accountabilities
Develop a strong local KOL network
- Jointly develop the market/local KOL engagement plan with other MSLs, identify and segment KOLs according to their scientific interest and related affiliations and build the
- KOL network pre-and post-launch.
- Engage with KOLs using deep scientific expertise and knowledge of AZ’s marketed products and compounds in development.
- Support clinical trials and investigator engagement
- Provide support to the Global Medicines Development (GMD) team on clinical site identification and patient recruitment for Phase I, II & III studies.
- Create opportunities to complement the existing flow of clinical data for AZ’s products in line with stakeholder needs, i.e., by identifying pre-clinical, clinical, and post-marketing study investigators in alignment with the Development Plan, and engaging in discussions on the ISS Programme with potential investigators.
- Provides support to the internal Global Medicines Development (GMD) team on clinical site identification
Engage in scientific exchange
- Engage with the medical/scientific community in a highly credible, balanced/objective way, representing AZ’s dedication to and excellence in science
- Prepare and give relevant high-level medical science presentations at congresses, symposia, and scientific meetings
- Provide support for content development, agreeing agendas, and delivery of effective clinical presentations e.g., advisory boards
- Help to develop medical science literature, i.e., write, edit and publish scientific articles and papers
- Build capability of other internal and external stakeholders
- Act as a subject matter expert for external clinical/scientific stakeholders
- Help to build stakeholders’ understanding about potential solutions to their needs, e.g., extended access programs, approaches to diagnostic testing, etc.
- Respond to unsolicited stakeholder inquiries and provide focused, balanced and objective clinical/scientific information that supports the safe and appropriate use of AstraZeneca’s currently available products, including questions regarding off-label uses, and products under development, when appropriate to do so
- Act as an educational resource to internal stakeholders
- Support the sales force and other departments with medical science information (e.g., disease and treatment) and training
- Effectively gather, analyze, synthesize and forward relevant new knowledge and meaningful insights about the external scientific/medical/regulatory environment to internal colleagues
- Provide internal stakeholders with actionable items related to brand strategy and GMD based on stakeholders’ perspectives
- Review promotional and scientific documents for content accuracy and compliance
- Successfully complete all training requirements, including product examinations and certifications
- Comply with all external regulations and internal policies
- Ensure understanding of the AZ Global MSL Guide, AZ Code of Ethics, External
- Interactions Policy and Standards, and Publications Policy along with relevant local industry codes of conduct.
Editors Note: AstraZeneca Oncology Pharma Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.