Danaher Process Engineer Vacancy 2021 – Chemical Engineering
Process Engineer-Biotech PASS for PALL Corporation to be based at Pune/Mumbai location to cater Process Engineering to PALL’s filtration, separation, and purification systems. Process engineer vacancy 2021. Chemical engineering job opening 2021. Chemical engineering job opening 2021. Check out all the details on the same below:
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 68,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Job Title: Process Engineer, Biotech PASS
- BSc/MSc or equivalent in chemical engineering or equivalent. A higher degree or second degree in a related subject would be an advantage
- Experience of process engineering/project management of equipment used in Biopharmaceutical manufacturing
- With relevant experience and knowledge to perform commissioning support on a filtration, separation and purification system/equipment in the biopharmaceutical industry.
Position Competencies (must-haves for the position):
Essential Previous Experience:
- A minimum of 1-3 years post qualification experience in commissioning support or similar position within the biopharmaceutical market.
- Factory test work and/or site work experience.
- Multi-discipline work experience.
- Detailed knowledge of apertures, fittings, valves, measuring devices and electrical installation is a must.
- Cross trained in electrical / instrumentation / mechanical / process disciplines is essential.
- Other Requirements (include culture, fit, and values)
- To work safely and to comply with the company’s health, safety, and environmental (HSE) policies and procedures.
- Must be prepared to work unsociable hours when required e.g. overtime, shift work, weekend and holiday work.
- Current driving license.
- Passport holder.
- Ability to travel at short notice – home country and abroad.
- Able to work away from home for extended durations.
- Work well alone or as part of a team.
- Ability to integrate into international teams (Pall and customer), including an understanding of cultural differences.
- Computer literate including email, office applications and general Windows features.
Summary of the Role:
- Analyze customer process user requirements specification for engineered process equipment (including different technologies such as direct flow filtration, tangential flow filtration, chromatography, etc.) used in the Biopharmaceutical industry.
- As technical lead of a project team discusses, propose, define final engineered technical system solution with the customer including writing the technical part of the quotation and associated costing.
- After Order placement executes the proposed engineered system solution based on agreed and defined contractual specification together with a defined project team as project manager or process engineer. Make sure the projects are delivered in accordance to specifications, on time, and within budget.
- Take ownership of technical tasks with increasing complexity. Manage and coordinate small-size projects.
Specific Responsibilities that you would own:
Pre-order Activities (Time Spent 20 %)
- Analyze Customer User Requirements specifications
- Define technical solutions including analysis of process mass balance, equipment selection and sizing, the drafting process, and instrumentation diagrams.
- Write technical proposals including clarification and exclusion lists.
- Create Project Costing sheets including material and manpower costs
- Request, analyze, and implement quotations for all main sub-suppliers and include in the technical proposal
- Develop Project schedules
- Perform Project Risk assessments
- Project Execution (Time Spent 70 %)
SAP project creation and maintenance.
- Develop Project Quality Plan
- Complete basic design including process and instrumentation diagram, component lists, and process functional specifications
- Obtain valid quotations for all materials and initiate orders with procurement.
Cross-functional communication, progress monitoring, coordination of sub-supplier activities (e. g. mechanical fabricators, electrical fabricators, and software companies).
- Progress monitoring, reporting, and control
- Financial status monitoring, reporting, and control
- Coordination of incoming goods inspection
- Executions of incoming goods inspection
- Execution and coordination of Qualification/Verification activities at the various project stages (pre-FAT, FAT, SAT, IV/OV)
- Creation of technical documents and co-operate with the Documentation team to assemble final technical documentation package.
- Project Management and coordination of Small and mid-size projects.
- Drive and Participate in Continuous improvement processes
- Chair/Execute daily visual management
- Willing to travel 70% of the time for project follow-up, inspection, SAT , troubleshooting at customer site.
Editors Note: Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.