IIT Madras Chemical Engineering Job Opening 2020 – Applications Invited
IIT Madras Chemical Engineering Applications are invited for the following temporary post of Junior Research Fellow under the project titled “Cost Effective Eye Tracking Approaches to Analyze Human-Machine-Interface in Nuclear Power Plants.” in the Dept. of Chemical Engineering, IIT Madras.
Co-ordinator: Prof. Rajagopalan Srinivasan, Dept. of Chemical Engineering.
Duration: Initially for a period of one year, extendable based on the performance.
Job Title: Junior Research Fellow (Post-I)
Eligibility: B.Tech or M.tech in Chemical Engineering, with minimum 80% marks in the preceding exam with
a. Scholars who are selected through National Eligibility Tests- CSIR- UGC NET including
lectureship (Assistant Professorship) and GATE.
b. The selection process through National level examinations conducted by central government Departments and their Agencies and institutions
such as DST,DBT,DAE,DOS,DRDO,MHRD,ICAR, ICMR, IIT,IISc, IISER etc.
Salary: Rs. 31,000/-pm
Desired Skills: Experience in coding using Matlab / Python, Prior exposure to process control, and Knowledge of eye-tracking
Note: Only eligible candidates are requested to apply for the above-said post.
General Instructions to the candidates:
• All the positions are on purely contract basis.
• Only eligible candidates are requested to apply for the above said post.
• The completion of
regularization, permanency at the Institute.
CENTRE FOR INDUSTRIAL CONSULTANCY AND SPONSORED RESEARCH
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY MADRAS
CHENNAI – 600 036
• Candidates should apply online only in the website https://icandsr.iitm.ac.in/recruitment/– (Please check the advertisement number Advt.87/2020 displayed and submit the application for the relevant position).
• Separate application has to be filled for each post.
• The system will accept a single application only with the registered login ID (email) for an
advertisement, hence the candidate is requested to select the multiple positions (In case, he/she wishes to apply for more than one position) before the submission of the application.
• The application cannot be edited, reverted once it is submitted.
• Candidates should not attempt to apply twice for the same post. If multiple applications are received from a candidate for the same post, his/her candidature will liable to be rejected.
• Candidates should follow the prescribed procedure for submission of online application.
• Candidates are advised to fill in their correct and active e-mail addresses in the online application as all correspondence will be made by the Institute through e-mail only.
• The candidates applying for any post should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions for the post. Their admission to any stage of the selection process will be purely provisional subject to confirmation that they satisfy the prescribed eligibility conditions. Mere issue of registration certificate/call letter to the candidate will not imply that his/her candidature has been found eligible.
• After successful online submission of the application, a printout of the application form must be obtained and submitted when called for a test. It will be required at the time of document verification/test/interview. A hard copy of the application is NOT to be sent to the Institute.
• Candidates must be citizens of India. Persons who have migrated from Pakistan with the intention of permanently settling in India or subjects of Nepal are also eligible, but in their case, a certificate of eligibility from the Government of India will be necessary for appointment. Such candidates should apply to the Government of India in the Ministry of Home Affairs for the necessary certificate and furnish satisfactory proof of having so applied.
• The prescribed qualifications are minimum and unless specified, they are required for consideration for the post, even if the higher qualification has been acquired and the mere fact that a candidate possesses the same will not entitle him/her for being called for interview.
• Relevant experience gained after the minimum qualifying degree will only be taken into
consideration. Minimum requirements of qualifications and/or experience can be relaxed in respect of exceptionally outstanding candidates.
• The experience required is relaxable at the discretion of the Institute in the case of candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe, if at any stage of selection the competent authority is of the opinion that a sufficient number of candidates from these communities possessing the requisite experience are not likely to be available to fill up the vacancy reserved for them.
• The Institute reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates for written / skill test/interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualifications, level and relevance of experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement and other academic achievements. The Institute also reserves the right of rejecting any or all the applications without assigning any reasons therefore.
• Calling a candidate for test/interview merely indicates that it is felt that he/she with others may be suitable for the post and conveys no assurance whatsoever that he/she will be recommended or selected or his/her conditions specified in the application will be accepted.
• Candidates will be short-listed for Test/Interview on the basis of the information provided by them in their online applications. They must ensure that such information is true. If at any subsequent stage or at the time of Test/Interview any information given by them or any claim made by them in their online applications is found to be false, their candidature will be liable to be rejected.
• The Institute shall verify the antecedents or documents submitted by a candidate at any time at the time of appointment or during the tenure of the service. In case, it is detected that the documents submitted by the candidates are fake or the candidate has clandestine antecedents/background and has suppressed the said information, then his services shall be liable to be terminated.
• In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection which may be detected at any stage
even after the issue of appointment letter, the Institute reserves the right to modify/ withdraw/
cancel any communication made to the candidates.
• Applicants who are working in any one of the projects at IIT Madras must apply through the proper channel otherwise they will be required to produce No-Objection Certificate at the time of document verification/Test/Interview. Candidates without NOC will not be permitted to appear for Test/Interview.
• Candidates may send testimonials from persons intimately acquainted with their work and character. If the applicant is in employment, he/she should submit testimonials from the most recent employer or immediate superior as a referee.
• The Institute has a right to decide the mode of screening and testing the applicant for short listing and selection.
• The Institute solely reserves the right not to fill any advertised position without assigning any reason
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
• No correspondence whatsoever will be entertained from candidates regarding conduct and result of test/interview and reasons for not being called for interview. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
• The crucial date for determining the eligibility criteria for all candidates in every respect shall be the prescribed closing date for submission of online application.
• The Institute strives to have a workforce that reflects gender balance and women candidates are encouraged to apply.
• Any corrigendum/clarifications on this advertisement, if necessary, shall be uploaded on the website and no separate communication will be sent for this purpose.
• The last date for submission of an online application 23.12.2020
• If there is an issue submitting the application please send E-mail to : [email protected] / [email protected] Contact: 044- 2257 8357 on all working days from 9.00 AM to 05.30 PM (Monday to Friday – except National Holidays). (Please note, only technical issues will be accepted – No interim correspondence with reference to the selection process will be considered).
• Instructions to apply online: – Eligible applicants would require to register and apply online through https://icandsr.iitm.ac.in/recruitment HYPERLINK “https://icandsr.iitm.ac.in/recruitment/“/ and submit the application.
Last Date To Apply: 23.12.2020
View Main Notification
Editors Note: IIT Madras Chemical Engineering Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.