BSIP Chemistry Scientist Vacancy – Salary up to 1.77 Lakh
Online Applications are invited in prescribed proforma for the scientific posts. BSIP invites postgraduate chemistry candidates for the post of a scientist. Scientist post vacancy for chemistry candidates at BSIP. check out all the details on the same below:
Job Title– Scientist ‘B’: (12 posts: 04 for SC, 01 for ST, 01 for OBC, 05 for Unreserved and 01 for EWS)
Scale of Pay: Level-10, Rs. 56,100-1,77,500 (Pre revised PB-3, Rs.15600-39100 + GP Rs. 5400/-)
Minimum Qualifications and Experience: M.Sc. or recognized equivalent qualification with the first division in Chemistry or an allied discipline in Earth Science. 03 years of
research experience in relevant discipline. Or PhD in relevant discipline.
Area-1. Palaeoclimate and climate modelling.
- Numerical, statistical and dynamic palaeoclimate proxy data modelling.
- Simulation of past glaciers, streamflow, floods, avalanche and other natural hazards behaviour based on climate proxy data set.
- Well versed in ‘R’ and other similar statistical programming languages.
Area-2. Organic Geochemistry and Biomarker studies.
- Hands on experience on Gas-chromatography mass spectrometry (GC-MS) involving the identification and quantification of organic compounds.
- First hand working experience on GC-IRMS for compound-specific stable isotope measurements.
- Laboratory experience on lipid extraction from soil/sediments and plant materials.
Area-3. Ancient DNA and Metagenomics.
- Applicant should have substantial research experience in Palaeogenetics/Ancient DNA database management and analysis. Hands-on experience in managing and analysing Next Generation Sequencing data of Ancient DNA. Experience in dealing with big datasets ability to work in a Linux command line environment, programming languages (Perl, Python etc.) and data analysis pipeline designing related to Ancient DNA.
- Experience of conducting extensive fieldwork.
- Well versed with sedimentary structure facies analyses in geological deep time.
- Well versed with sequence stratigraphy.
- Laboratory experience on sediment petrology and grain size analysis, both by the manual method and by
- sophisticated instrumentation (Laser particle size analyser).
Area-5. Radiocarbon Chronology
- Experience of dealing with stable isotopes.
- Well versed with mass spectrometry.
- Laboratory experience of conventional and AMS radiocarbon chronology.
Area-6. Evolutionary Biology/Plant Phylogeny
- Experience in Plant phylogenetic studies.
- Well versed with methods in phylogeny.
- Hands-on experience in plant molecular phylogeny.
Area-7. Mesozoic Palaeobiology
- Experience of dealing with Mesozoic microfossil/megafossils.
- Well versed with Mesozoic Evolutionary Studies.
- Laboratory experience of microfossil/megafossil preparation methods, identification of specimens of Mesozoic Period.
Area-8. Applications of Micropaleontology in Hydrocarbon Exploration (04 posts)
- Experience of dealing with Palynology/Dinoflagellate cysts/ Foraminifera/ Nannofossil.
- Well versed with biostratigraphy.
- Laboratory experience of preparing material for micropaleontological studies including macerating samples, slide preparation, identification and counting and establishing Biostratigraphy.
- Experience of dealing with pollen and spores.
- Understanding of palynology of angiosperm families of the tropical rain forest.
- Ecological modelling of tropical forest-based on palynological information.
- Laboratory experience of macerating samples, slide preparation, identification and counting and inferring palaeoclimate
Age Limit: 35 years; provided that the crucial date for determining the age limit shall be
the closing date of the receipt of applications from the candidates i.e. October 12th, 2020; provided that the age limit is relaxable by 05 years in respect of candidates belonging to SC/ST categories and by 03 years for candidates belonging to OBC category; age relaxation for PH candidates will be as per Government of India rules; and provided that in case of applicants already in service in any of the funded Institutions under the Department
of Science & Technology, Government of India, the relaxation of age limit up to a maximum of five years shall be admissible.
GENERAL CONDITIONS :
1. Mere fulfilling of the minimum advertised qualification and experience requirements DO NOT automatically entitle an applicant to be called for the test and/or interview.
2. All the applications received within the due date in response to this advertisement shall be considered for short-listing by a Screening Committee and ONLY the candidates recommended by the Screening Committee after the necessary approval of the Competent Authority, will be called for the test and/or interview. The decision of the Institute on short-listing will be final and the Institute will not entertain any correspondence in this regard.
3. The number of posts may vary. The Institute reserves the right not to fill up any of the posts if it so decides.
4. Persons working in Central/State Government/Public Sector Undertaking/ Autonomous Bodies shall submit their applications through proper channel within the due date.
5. Qualifications, experience and other requirements for any post may be relaxed/upgraded by the Institute in the interest of Institute’s requirements towards fulfilling its current research mandate.
6. No application fee for SC/ST/PH/Women candidates. Other candidates are required to pay Non-refundable application fee of Rs. 1,000/- through online mode like NEFT/RTGS/IMPS to the respective bank account number mentioned in the Online form and candidate will provide the details like transaction number/UTR no. in online form. NO OTHER mode of payment of application fee is acceptable.
7. If a candidate is interested to apply for more than one area post, he/she may opt for a maximum two areas in a single application. For applying in more than two area posts, a candidate has to apply separately and also has to pay the fee separately.
8. The appointing authority will satisfy itself that the character and antecedents of the persons proposed to be appointed are such as not to render them unsuitable for an appointment.
9. If at any time before or after the selection of a candidate, it is found that any information is suppressed or false; his/her selection shall be liable to be rejected or cancelled.
10. The selected candidates for various posts shall be liable for transfer among various
Projects/Sections/Units of the Institute at the discretion of the Director.
11. Usual allowances as per rules of the Institute which are on the Government of India pattern are admissible for the post.
12. The Institute reserve the right to alter/insert any corrections/additions in the advertisement/website in the event of any typographical error before the last date prescribed for the receipt of applications.
13. The Competent Authority of Birbal Sahni Institute of Palaeosciences (BSIP), Lucknow has reserved the right to reject any or all the applications without assigning any reason thereof.
14. In case of any disputes, any suits or legal proceedings against the Institute, the territorial jurisdiction shall be restricted to the Courts in Lucknow at District Court Lucknow and Lucknow Bench of Hon’ble High Court, Allahabad.
15. For clarification/queries if any, the candidates may call on the office telephone no. 0522 -2742961, 2742956, 2742918 on all working days (Monday to Friday) from 09:30 AM to 05:45 PM.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested and eligible candidates have to apply ONLINE APPLICATION FORM only through the BSIP website i.e. www.bsip.res.in under the section “Career”. The candidates have to upload self-attested copies of the certificates (in relation to qualification, experience, publication, testimonial brief CV etc.) in the online form. No need to send the hard copy of the form. Canvassing in any form will be treated as disqualification. Interim enquiries will NOT be entertained. Link for the Online Application Form will be available from September 10th, 2020.
Last Date To Apply: 12.10.2020
View Main Notification
Editors Note: BSIP Chemistry Scientist Vacancy Subscribe to Rasayanika for latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Whatsapp and subscribe to our youtube channel for latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.