TIFR Research Programme VSRP-2020 – Application Details
TIFR VSRP-2020 TIFR Visiting Students’ Research Programme (VSRP-2020) notification is out now. Interested and eligible candidates are encouraged to apply online for the TIFR Visiting Students’ Research Programme 2020. Check out all of the details on the same below:
Eligibility for Research Programme:
1) Two years of undergraduate course work in an academic institution.
2) Should not have particpated in VSRP before.
Please note that the VSRP programme is for students currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s programme and not for PhD students or faculty members.
Selection is purely based on the academic performance of the student, submitted write-up and referee reports. There is no selection test/interview.
Rs 7000/- (Maths Programme – ~4.5 weeks).
Rs 14000/- (NSF/STCS Programme – ~9 weeks).
To-and-fro travel reimbursement from the place of residence (address for correspondence mentioned in the application) will be paid. Also, free shared accommodation on-or-off- campus is provided.
How to Apply for Research Programme 2020:
1. Registration includes two steps: First complete basic registration step by clicking the “Apply Online” button given below.
2. During the basic registration, “Preferred Subject” indicates TIFR subject area you are applying for i.e., Physics / Chemistry / Biology / Mathematics / Computer & Systems Sciences.
3. After completing basic registration, you will receive an email with a link for advanced registration. Before proceeding to advanced registration, please keep the following ready :
a) Scanned photo (.jpg file of size not exceeding 100kb ) of your passport size photograph.
b) Students can select two areas of research for a selected department. Please read the Information Brochure before you fill this section.
c) A write-up of up to 400 words, describing your interest in the most preferred field of study has to be provided in the appropriate box. The write up should not contain special characters. In particular, use of equations in write-ups is strongly discouraged.
d) Names, Affiliation, Designation, Contact address (both e-mail and physical address) and contact phone numbers of two referees who would be filling referee reports for you. They should be teachers or persons with whom you have interacted academically.
The link for filling up the Referee Report Form online will be sent by email to both Referees after complete registration.
Last date to Apply: January 31, 2020
NOTE: REFEREES CAN FILL THE ONLINE REPORT FORM TILL FEBRUARY 9, 2020.
Editor’s Note: TIFR Research jobs, TIFR Visiting Students’ Research Programme (VSRP-2020), TIFR Visiting Students’ Research Programme 2020. Subscribe to Rasayanika for latest chemistry and Pharma job openings.