PhD Admission January 2020 – IISER Bhopal Chemistry
PhD Admission January 2020. Applications are invited for admission to Ph.D. programme in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, the semester commencing from January 2020. Interested and Eligible candidates may apply online. Check out all the details on the same below:
Department of Chemistry offers research in the areas of:
Supramolecular Chemistry; Crystallography; Transition Metal Chemistry; Molecular Materials; Organometallic Chemistry; Bio-inorganic Chemistry.
Synthetic Organic Chemistry; Natural Products; Organometallic Chemistry; Asymmetric Catalysis; Chemical Biology; Molecular Biology; Polymers; Biomaterials.
Electrochemistry: supercapacitors and electrocatalysis; Bionanotechnology; Biophysics; Polymers; Functional Nanomaterials; Ultrafast Spectroscopy; Computational Materials Science and Computational Physical and Biophysical Chemistry.
M.Sc./M.Tech. Degree in the relevant discipline with a minimum of 60% marks or CGPA/CPI of 7.0 on a 10 point scale (overall percentage/CGPA/CPI; not only in majoring subject). Mathematics in the 10+2 level is desirable. For an application to be considered in Physical Chemistry, Mathematics in the 10+2 level as well as in B.Sc. (undergraduate) is mandatory.
If the transcript/grade sheet issued by the Institute/University reports:
- Only marks: percentage will be considered.
Only grades: CGPA/CPI will be considered. If CGPA/CPI is reported on any scale other than 10 (eg. 4 point/ 8 point scale), an equivalent CGPA/CPI will be calculated as per the following formula: CGPA/CPI in a 10 point scale = (CGPA/CPI Obtained×10)/PS
PS = Point scale used by the Institute/University. Both marks and CGPA/CPI:
Percentage equivalent of CGPA/CPI, as indicated on the transcript/gradesheet, will be considered, if absolute grading was followed.
- CGPA/CPI ONLY will be considered, if relative grading was followed. Additionally, a National level examination like National Eligibility Test (NET)/GATE/UGC-JRF/CSIR-JRF/INSPIRE-PhD/NET-LS/Rajiv Gandhi Fellowship or any other recognized score is mandatory..
- The certificate/fellowship MUST be valid at the time of admission GATE examination is exempt for those with B.Tech. from IITs or BS-MS from IISERs with CGPA/CPI more than 8.0 on a 10 point scale.
- Students whose results for CSIR-UGC NET Fellowship or Rajiv Gandhi Fellowship or INSPIRE-PhD or any other equivalent fellowship are awaited may also apply with their roll number(s) mentioned in the application. Such candidates may walk-in for the interview provided they have qualified for any of the above fellowship before the interview date.
A relaxation of 5% of marks, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, will be allowed for candidates belonging to SC/ST/PD categories.
Merely fulfilling the eligibility criterion does not entitle a candidate to be called for the interview.
- All communication with candidates will be by e-mail only.
Kindly check this website for periodic updates.
In case of any application-related queries, your application number must be mentioned in the subject line.
- Candidates who are appearing or are about to appear for final examinations of the qualifying degree programme are eligible to apply for PhD programme. However, if selected, admission to the PhD programme would be conditional upon their completing the qualifying degree with the defined marks criteria, before joining the Institute.
Selection will be based on interviews of the shortlisted candidates.
Relaxation of eligibility criteria for SC/ST and PD applicants will be as per Government of India norms. Candidates belonging to reserved category will have to submit relevant certificates, if selected.
- Applying does not automatically guarantee that a candidate will be shortlisted for interview. The respective departments may use additional criteria (based on academic performance and/or performance in the national level tests) in order to shortlist candidates for interviews depending on the number of applications received.
Shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview. Date of interview will be communicated to shortlisted candidates by e-mail and the same will be available on the Institute website. TA will be paid to SC/ST/PD candidates appearing for the interview as per Govt. of India norms.
To submit the Online PhD Application for
Chemistry Click here.
After the last date, all applications will be screened and the list of candidates shortlisted for interviews will be available on our Institute’s website and shortlisted candidates will be intimated by email only.
Preferably not more than 28 years. Age relaxation of 3 years will be given for OBC (Non Creamy Layer) and 5 years for SC/ST/PD/Female applicants.
Upper age limit shall be determined as on last date of online submission of applications. Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation/ Secondary Examination Certificate/Aadhar Card only will be accepted by the IISER Bhopal for determining the age.
All selected candidates will be eligible to receive JRF fellowship as per the funding agency norms, in vogue.
October 25, 2019: Announcement of Shortlisted Candidates for the Interview.
November 15-16, 2019: Interview of Shortlisted Candidates.
November 19, 2019: Announcement of Interview Results.
December 31, 2019: Registration for the PhD Programme.
Department of Chemistry
Dr. Aasheesh Srivastava
Head, Department of Chemistry
Email: [email protected]
Dr. Nitin T. Patil
Convener, Departmental Post-Graduate Committee
Email: [email protected]
The last date for submission of online application is October 20, 2019 (Sunday).
Editor’s Note: PhD Admission January 2020 IISER Bhopal Admissions. IISER Bhopal Hiring Chemistry & Pharma Candidates Subscribe to Rasayanika for latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, Follow us on Facebook for latest updates.