Phd Chemistry & Pharma Admission 2019 @ NIT Rourkela
Phd Chemistry & Pharma Admission. M.Tech & M Pharma candidates apply for a Phd Admission at NIT Rourkela. NIT Rourkela is recruiting for research vacancies. Chemical Engineering candidates at NIT Rourkela. Interested and eligible candidates are encouraged to apply for the post as per the details. Check out all the details on the same below:
Name of the Department: Chemical Engineering
No.of posts: 01
- M.E./M.Tech./M.Pharm in relevant discipline with at least 6.5 CGPA or 60 per cent marks in aggregate in both B.Tech. (or M.Sc./B.Pharm/ MCA or equivalent) and M.Tech. levels from a recognized Technical Institute or University.
- B.E./B.Tech./B.Pharm/MCA or equivalent in relevant discipline with CGPA of 7.0 or 65
per cent marks in aggregate.
- M.Sc. in Basic Sciences with CGPA 7.0 or 65 per cent marks in aggregate in relevant
disciplines. For applicants with valid GATE/NET/GPAT score, the requirement may be relaxed
upto 0.5 CGPA or 5% marks.
Note: However, higher shortlisting criteria (possibly different for different departments) may be set by the Department during scrutiny of applications depending on the departmental requirement, number and quality of applicants. Therefore, merely satisfying the minimum eligibility criteria does not guarantee a candidate to be called for interview and mere attending an interview does not guarantee admission.
- Where the regular mode of education is available for any Degree/Qualification then
Degree/Qualification obtained otherwise than through regular mode, i.e. Distance Learning, Correspondence Course, etc. will NOT be considered for the purpose of admission to Ph. D program of the Institute.
- For the selection of Research scholars in engineering disciplines, Students with B. Tech. the degree will be given preference over students with M.Sc. degree, even if the latter may have an M. Tech. Degree.
- Students with any other relevant background may be eligible, but only with approval of the Senate or Chairman, Senate on the recommendation of the Departmental Research
- There is no relaxation in academic requirement for SC/ST/OBC/PH/PWD students, because the minimum academic requirements have been set to meet the basic challenges of the academic program. Also, the academic eligibility shall be same across all studentship categories (Institute fellowship, External fellowship, Project fellowship, Sponsored, etc.).
- The required CGPA/percentage should be the aggregate of CGPA/percentage based on all subjects of all semesters/years.
- Rule for conversion from CGPA to percentage or vice-versa, if prescribed by Degree Issuing Institute/University will be accepted. However, if no such rule is prescribed by Degree Issuing Institute/University, conversion will not be allowed.
- Students of one discipline may seek admission in a related department which will be
considered on the basis of merit of the individual case(s).
- Selection will be made on the basis of academic record, relevance of qualification,
candidate’s research interest, existing research programs and facilities of the departments, and performance of the candidate in tests and/or interviews. Therefore, merely attending a tests and/or an interview does not guarantee admission.
- Scrutiny Criteria may be different for different category of students.
1st & 2nd year Rs. 25,000/- p.m.
3rd, 4th & 5th year* Rs. 28,000/-* p.m
If a student with Institute fellowship or project fellowship leaves the Institute in the mid-session on his own accord without completing the program, the entire amount paid to him/her towards fellowship need to be returned by the student before leaving the Institute. S/he will not receive any certificate from the Institute unless s/he refunds the fellowship received in full. Students with project fellowship may not be required to refund only if the sponsor’s rule permit him leaving the project without refunding fellowship. Students receiving external fellowships will be governed as per the rules of the Sponsor / Funding Agency.
Interested candidates satisfying the eligibility criteria may submit their online application at
- Read this advertisement and the instructions to fill up the online application form given in the online portal carefully,
- Fill up and submit the online application form accordingly, and
- Prepare Demand Draft / Banker’s Cheque drawn in favour of “Director, NIT Rourkela” and payable in any bank in Rourkela for the application fee of Rs.500/-. Payment through the online application portal is not available currently.
- Take print-out of the online application form and bring the same along-with the
DD/BC and the following documents on the date of selection.
i. Signed copy of the application submitted online along with a set of self-attested
photocopies of all certificates/ testimonials (to be submitted at the time of reporting).
ii. Degree / Pass Certificates from Class X onwards (Originals & a set of self-attested
iii. Marks Sheets / Grade Cards of all examinations from Class X onwards (Originals & a
set of self-attested photocopies).
iv. GATE/NET/GPAT etc. Score Card, if applicable (Original & a self-attested photocopy).
v. OBC/SC/ST/PWD Certificate, if applicable (Original & a self-attested photocopy).
vi. Sponsorship Certificate from employer in the prescribed format for Sponsored
candidates (Original & a self-attested photocopy).
- All applicants are advised to report at 0900 hrs at the following venue: Department of Chemical Engineering National Institute of Technology Rourkela – 769 008 [Odisha]
- Sponsored candidates are required to submit the scanned copy of the sponsorship
certificate while submitting online application. If selected, such candidates will be required to stay at NIT Rourkela till completion of their programme. For that, candidates need to produce leave for at least three years with M.Tech/M.Pharm degree and four years with all other degrees from the sponsor at the time of admission.
- Candidates working outside Rourkela, will not be considered for Local Sponsored
category. If interested, their cases may be considered for the sponsored category on
the production of proper sponsorship certificate.
- Category of studentship mentioned in the application will be decided after the interview and verification of documents subject to satisfying the scrutiny criteria vis-a vis advertisement
The application form will be available in the Institute website for online submission 27.06.2019 to 14.07.2019
Walk-in-Interview (Venue – NIT, Rourkela) 15.07.2019
View Main Notification
Editor’s Note: Phd Chemistry & Pharma Admission, Chemical Science Jobs 2019, B Pharma jobs, M Pharma jobs, Pharma, M Pharma, B Pharma, Junior Research Fellow, JRF Post 2019. Subscribe to Rasayanika for latest job updates.