TDR Clinical Research and Development Fellowships
The TDR CRDF programme is supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers & Associations (IFPMA).
It offers targeted training in research and development in sponsor training organizations to develop highly skilled regional personnel from disease-endemic LMICs, to enhance competencies in clinical trials for drugs, vaccines and diagnostics on a broad range of poverty-related infectious diseases and Neglected Infectious Diseases (NIDs).
Summary: TDR provides fellowships for early- to mid-career researchers and clinical trial staff (e.g. clinicians, pharmacists, medical statisticians, data managers, other health researchers) in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) to learn how to conduct clinical trials. Successful applicants are placed for 12 months in host training organizations (pharmaceutical companies, product development partnerships (PDPs) or research organizations) and then receive a reintegration plan for 12 months at their home institution
On the date of the deadline set for the submission of applications, the fellow should:
- Be a postgraduate (MSc or Ph.D.) or medical/pharmacy graduate conducting clinical research activities in the scope of TDR’s mandate.
- Have obtained their first degree within the 15 years prior to submission of this application.
- Have been a researcher or clinical staff member employed for the past 12 months in an institution with a registered legal entity in an LMIC conducting clinical research activities in the scope of TDR’s mandate.
- Must be a national or citizen of, and resident in, an LMIC.
Please send the completed application form in electronic format (Word or PDF only) to [email protected].
The application form must be accompanied by the following documents:
- An endorsement from the Director of the applicant’s home institution testifying the ability of the applicant to successfully undertake the training proposed and certifying that the applicant if selected, will be financially supported as a leave of absence. The Director has also to indicate how the proposed training will strengthen the institution’s capability, to conduct clinical research upon return of the fellow.
- A letter of recommendation from two senior scientists/professors that includes their full name, address, telephone number, fax number, and e-mail address. Please scan and include these with the application.
Fellowship: The grant covers one economy class return air ticket (home – host training organization – home); a monthly stipend of approximately US$ 4000; a one-time allowance of US$ 1500 for educational support materials; health insurance and support to attend relevant meetings during the course of the fellowship, up to a maximum amount of US$ 3000.
Last Date To Apply: 7 March 2019, 16:00 (GMT).
View Main Notification