Name of the Position : Food Safety Co-ordinator (Executive) – Atta
Requisition ID : GUR00328
Compliance and Audit:
A quality and safety coordinator is responsible for ensuring compliance with quality standards. These standards vary from industry to industry, so it is customary for a quality and safety coordinator to specialize in a particular industry. It is also a quality and safety coordinator’s duty to run audits, do gap assessement on an organization’s production and distribution processes to make sure they meet all of the standards. This audit should reveal any risks posed by the product, the manufacturer or the product supply chain.
Investigation and Approval:
The quality and safety coordinator helps to investigate complaints from customers and devises ways of dealing with them. When new products are developed, he/she makes sure they meet quality standards by approving every stageof development. This approval process covers raw materials, assembly, packaging and labels. During production, he/she reviews the process regularly to make sure the manufacturer maintains standards of quality and safety.
Education and Training:
The process of ensuring that products and services meet all requirements begins at the production stage. As a result, there is a need to provide employees with training on maintaining strict quality standards. The quality and safety coordinator leads regular training for employees to make sure they have up-to-date knowledge of quality and safety standards. Other than employees, customers may need training on safe use of products and this responsibility falls on the quality and safety coordinator.
Compiling Reports/ Documentation:
Every manufacturer has a written professional statement explaining its compliance with legal standards, regulations and industry guidelines in production. The quality and safety coordinator compiles this report, an essential document for responsibility and risk management for the company.
Quality/ Food Safety Assurance:
Assurance of quality necessitates design and maintenance of quality assurance/control systems encompassing food safety and quality (including methods, procedures, maintenance, calibration, cross checks, training, auditing, raw materials, verification, and purchasing). responsible to monitor and ensure compliance and execution of food safety programs and regulatory Agencies like FSSAI .
This person will be an active agent on Food Safety cultural change and an advocate for the protection of our Brand.
- This position has duties which include the monitoring of the execution and effectiveness of food safety procedures and policies in our plants, report writing, data analysis, facility auditing, assistance in the development of process improvement plans with corrective and preventive actions, provide support to Management and Associates related to food quality and food safety, and interaction with regulatory agencies when audits or visits are taking place. awarness of Food Safety among work force
- To implement the GMP systems and corporate policies
- To conduct HACCP study and identify and maintain CCPs./ OPRPs and Food Safety Management systems
• To assist the compliance and execution of our Food Safety policies and systems in accordance with FSMA, FDA, HACCP, FSSC22000 and other appropriate regulatory guidelines FSSAI
• Ensure 100 % safe product , Food Safe plants and Continous improvement
• To promote the importance and understanding of Food Safety & Quality across his/hers domain that will allow to perceive Food Safety as an embedded way of working to provide our customers safe food everytime everywhere
• Monitoring customer complaints and working to find a root cause to the issue, and supporting with the creation of Corrective and Preventive actions that will foster accountability and ownership
• Actively assist in the training and development Management and , Executives and Associates and Contract workmen on food safety guidelines, fostering participation, accountability and engagement and recognizing team.
• Provide technical expertise and support to the field on projects designed to improve our food quality, food safety and sanitation and continous improvement Represent special projects and continual improvement activities of FSMS system and Plant. Guide manangement to implement new systems or certification
• Conduct periodic internal audits to ensure we remain in compliance with all local, state, and regulatory agencies FSSAI Schedule IV requirements , Implement GMPs, GHP across the plant, followup CAP. implementaion of PRPs and OPRPs
• Collaborate and work on Quality Assurance to resolve food safety issues and quality issues
• Support and drive the execution of key food safety initiatives in manufacturing facilities.
• Drive Continuous Improvement across the by sharing best practices and promoting standardization.
• Standardise and Document Control of SOPs, Formats, Checklists etc. for the entire plant, prepare Food Safety Manual/ISO Manual
• Indentify HACCP and Food Safety Team and train them on Food Safety, conduct HACCP study and monitor implementaion of overall HACCP.
• Vendor Audit and guide Procurement department for right supplies.
• .To handle Customer/Market Complaints and Investigation of FS related complaints.
• Coordination with External Audit agencies as and when required, Coordinate and participate in Customer Audits and followup of CAPA
• Authorised Pest Control co-ordinator for side and ensure Pest Control activity
• Conduct Management Review Meetings as per requirments
• Ensure effective implementation of Corrective action plans.
• Compilation of Food Safety incidents and sharing information with the management
• Complaince to CFSRA,Customers Food Safety Requirements.
• Verification & Validation of Food Safety management system.
• Identification of reference labs to support CCP validations
• To lead FS related Market Recall/Retrival/Withdrawal
• To Issue timely communication to respected members / designations on Food Safety Information and updates.
• Continously verify and update the new changes in Food safety systems.
• Ensure all FSSAI requirements for Foodsafety systems are implemented.
• Ensure Kosher and Halal Certification and audit compliance
- Pleasant and engaging personality, Self starter
- System Thinker
- Problem solver
- Decision maker, proactive, innovative
- Ability to persuade and influence key decision makers
- Team worker
- Fast learning
- College education in food processing or chemistry plus or University degree in chemistry and/or food engineering/food technology
- Msc Food Technology / Chemical Engineering/ Technology / B.Tech – Food Technology or Oil Technology
- Minimum 3 years on job experience in relevant food industry in relevant field (vegetable oil processing, bakery , vanaspati , margarine , convenience food, beverage or food products ). Working experience in Quality Control / Quality Assurance/ Production and Food Safe Zones
- Food technology Knowledge
- Production of food products / foodstuffs
- Proficient in usage of Microsoft MS Office, Excel , Power point
- Fluent in English and Hindi
- Communication and Co-ordination Skills, Presentation skills with customers
- Audit Management , Audit Compliances and Documentation
- Understannding of Risk Assessment for Food Safe Zones
- Lead the Hazard Analysis of new oepration and existing operations
- Critical Control Point Verification and Validation processes
- Lead the Team for Food Safety Goals
- Able to Define the Food Safety Standards
- Able to guide team during trouble shooting
- University degree in B.Tech – Food Technology or Oil Technology
- Preferable work experience in food sector
- Exposure of Food Safety requirements in the Food Safe Zone
- Lead Auditor trained FSSC 22000, ISO22000, HACCP , 5S , Six Sigma will be additional advantage and preferred
- 3 years minimum experience in food manufacturing plant and know of Food Safety Management
- Handling independently auditors, auditing and ensure compliance to Standards guideline of FSSC ISO , Halal Kosher , FSSAI and Local Statutory requirements
- Good communication skills
- Outgoing and pleasant personality
- High level of integrity
- Innovative and creative
- Convincing and influencing skills