Aurigene is a Bangalore based world-class drug discovery company with integrated capabilities for discovery and development of novel small molecule drugs.
Aurigene provides Drug Discovery Services for Lead Generation/ Lead Optimization. The Business Model involves collaborative Drug Discovery with partners, on a risk- and reward-sharing basis. Typical Aurigene projects involve starting with a partner’s target protein and delivering an Optimized Lead, ready to go into clinical development.
Job Title : Research Associate – IPM (intellectual Property Management)
Experience : 1 – 5 yrs
Location : Hyderabad
- Prior art search and patentability evaluation for New Chemical Entity (NCE) using Scifinder/STN and various offline & online databases.
- Patent Drafting and filing in India, PCT and abroad
- Assisting in prosecution of patents in India and abroad.
- Maintaining and auditing of Lab note books.
- Hands on experience in patent applications preparation of NCE/small molecule and advising scientific team on patentability, freedom to operate, infringement and validity matters
- Solid understanding and advanced knowledge of organic chemistry and the various disciplines involved in developing a small molecule drug from concept to commercialization; an advanced degree in chemistry, or a related field is essential.
- Strong patent database searching skills are desirable.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to integrate legal and scientific knowledge and to provide effective counsel to in-house scientific team.
- Ability to interact effectively and work well in a cross-functional team.
Desired Candidate Profile
- Advanced degree in Organic Chemistry (Masters in Chemistry/Pharmacy) along with PG Diploma in Patent Law is preferred