Translational Health Science and Technology Institute (THSTI) is an autonomous Institute of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt. of India. The institute is an integral part of the interdisciplinary NCR Biotech Science Cluster located at Faridabad, and is designed as a dynamic, interactive organization with the mission to conduct innovative translational research and to develop research collaborations across disciplines and professions to translate concepts into tangible products to improve human health.
THSTI has set up niche centres for research in areas relevant to planned translational work. They are: Vaccine and Infectious Disease Research Centre (VIDRC), Pediatric Biology Centre (PBC), Centre for Bio-design& Diagnostics (CBD), Drug Discovery Research Centre (DDRC), Centre for Human Microbial Ecology (CHME) and Policy Centre for Biomedical Research (PCBR). Clinical Development Services Agency (CDSA) and National Bio-design Alliance (NBA) are THSTI’s extramural centres.
This recruitment is to fill up the vacancies of THSTI under the project entitled “High Sensitivity Multiplex point-of-care assay systems for the detection of blood borne infections in emergency setting ” The objective of this project is to develop single multiplexed rapid point of care test which can detect HIV, HCV and HBV infection in humans.
Post: Project Manager – One position
Salary: Upto Rs. 80, 000/-
Qualifications & Experience: PhD Degree in Life Sciences/Biological Sciences. Or Post Graduate Degree in Life Sciences/Biological Sciences with 6 years of research experience
skills and experience Good command over English with excellent writing and communication skills, admirable knowledge of Microsoft office, outstanding coordination and management skills.
Other important skills: Experience in PCR, molecular cloning, recombinant protein production, Pichia pastoris expression system, monoclonal antibody generation, ELISA and other immunoassay development, Diagnostic development etc.
Age Limit 40 years
Post: Research Officer – Two positions
Salary: Upto Rs. 50,000/-
Qualifications & Experience:
Post Graduate Degree in Life Sciences/Biological Sciences with minimum 3 years of research experience.
Experience in PCR, molecular cloning, recombinant protein production, Pichia pastoris expression system, monoclonal antibody generation, ELISA and other immunoassay development, Diagnostic development etc.
Age Limit: 30 years
Qualifications & Experience:
Post Graduate Degree in Life Sciences/ Biological Sciences with one year experience in lab Or Graduate Degree in Life Sciences/Biological Sciences with three years experience in research lab Experience in routine buffer preparation, DNA electrophoresis, PAGE, PCR, routine media preparation, agar plate preparation etc.
Age Limit: 30 years
Date and Registration time for walk- in-interview
Project Manager 27th April 2016, 9:30 am to 11:00 am
Research Officer 28th April 2016, 9:30 am to 11:00 am
Research Assistant 29th April 2016, 9:30 am to 11:00 am
NCR Biotech Science Cluster,
3rd Milestone, Faridabad – Gurgaon Express Highway,
NOTE: The candidates must bring their latest resume, one set of photocopy of documents in support of their educational qualification and experience along with originals and a valid ID card for verification. Candidates coming after the time slot mentioned will not be entertained.
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. Appointment will be made on contract initially for a period of one year, which may be extended for a further period on year to year basis subject to satisfactory performance, with an initial probation period of six months that may be extended at the discretion of the competent authority.
2. All educational, professional and technical qualification should be from a recognized Board/University.
3. The experience requirement specified shall be experience acquired after obtaining the minimum educational qualifications required for the post.
4. Persons working in Govt. / PSUs / autonomous bodies should apply through proper channel or produce a relevant ‘No Objection Certificate’ at the time of Interview.
5. The age limit, qualification, experience and other requirements may be relaxed at the discretion of the competent authority, in case of candidates who are otherwise suitable. In case candidates are not found suitable for the posts notified, they can be offered lower post / lower emoluments on the recommendation of the Selection Committee.
6. Age and other relaxations for direct recruits and departmental candidates:
1. By 5 years for candidates belonging to SC/ST communities.
2. By 3 years for candidates belonging to OBC communities.
3. For Persons with Disabilities (PwD) falling under the following categories : (i) UR – 10 years , ii) OBC – 13 years (iii) SC/ST – 15 years
4. For Ex-servicemen upto the extent of service rendered in defence forces (Army, Navy & Air force) plus 3 years provided they have put in a minimum of 6 months attested service.
5. Relaxation of 5 years will also be permissible to those who had ordinarily been domiciled in the Kashmir division of the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from 01/01/1980 to 31 /12/1989 subject to production of relevant certificate from concerned authority.
6. Age is relaxable for Government servants up to 5 years in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by the Central Government, from time to time
7. There is no upper age limit for the Institute employees who are treated asdepartmental candidates.
7. Number of positions may vary depending upon the requirement at the time of interview.
8. Outstation SC/ST/ PwD candidates called for the interview will be paid to & fro second class railway fare, as per Govt. of India rules on production of the proof of the same.
9. All results will be published on our website and all communications will be only through email.
10. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.