Recruitment for post under DST funded project
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram is a premier autonomous Institution established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, for promotion of high quality science education and research in the country.
The Institute invites applications for the following positions on contract basis:
- Name of Post: JRF / Project Assistant
- Name of Project: Swarnajayanti Fellowship
- Funding agency: DST
- Minimum Educational qualification: MSc Chemistry with a minimum of 60% marks (or equivalent grade).
Additional qualifications for JRF: NET/GATE qualification.
Candidates without NET/GATE qualification may be appointed as Project Assistant if found suitable.
- Preference: Candidates having research experience will be preferred
- Number of posts: 02
- Fellowship amount: JRF = 25,000 + HRA
Project Assistant = 16,000+ HRA
- Tenure of the post: 1 year, extendable up to five years based on performance
- Age: 32 years. Age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/Women and Physically disabled candidates as per government norms
- Last date: April 10, 2016
- How to apply:
Completed applications should be sent by email to Kana Sureshan ([email protected]), WITH THE SUBJECT LINE “JRF / Project Assistant position – Your Name”.
The application should contain a detailed resume, a one page statement of interest mentioning the project(s) of interest. Please include contact details(phone number, email and postal address), a photograph, scanned copies of educational/professional qualifications and reprints of papers if any. Research experience should be supported by a certificate from the previous employer(s). Candidates should bring originals of all applicable certificates (qualifying degrees, national examinations, category certificate, etc) during the interview. No TA/DA will be paid for appearing for the interview. Applications failing to the meet minimum criteria will not be considered. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
The shortlisted candidates will be informed by email about the details of interview date, time and venue.
A printed copy of the application signed and dated by the applicant along with recent passport size photograph and photocopies of relevant certificates and other testimonials in support of age, qualification, experience etc. will be collected at the time of interview.
Applicants must bring all certificates (original + one copy) at the time of interview for the purpose of verification.
- Appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any notice or compensation on termination of the research project.
- The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment / absorption in Funding Agency or in IISER Thiruvananthapuram.
- Appointment of the applicant will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding agency particularly applicable to the said project
- The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Universities / Institutions.
- The prescribed educational qualifications are the bare minimum and mere possession of same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview. Where number of applications received in response to this advertisement is large, it will not be convenient or possible to interview all the candidates. The Screening Committee may restrict the number of candidates to be called for the interview to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the relevant field at the time of applying.
- No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing for the interview.
- Selected candidates will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer.
- No interim enquiries / correspondence / communication of any sort will be entertained.