- Provide analytical support comprising of instrumental analysis, timely evaluation, documentation and release of results.
- Ensure that all instruments are maintained in good working condition
- Confirm compliance with all safety / ESHA standards, good laboratory practices
- Guide and advance people in technical skills, working methods and analytical procedures
- Develop and nurture contacts with external analytical facilities for outsourcing of services not available in-house
- Contribute to budget, capex planning and monitoring costs
- Provide advice and support to customers, whenever necessary.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ideal age profile should be around 35-40 years
- PhD in Analytical Chemistry with a total experience of 5 to 8 years, post Ph.D.
- 1st class mandatory for SSC, HSC, B.Sc & M.Sc.
- Sound knowledge in instrumental analytics like GC, HPLC-MS, GPC, DSC, TGA, Surface Tensiometer, Microscopy, NMR etc.
- Experience and knowledge of interpretation of results using multiple analytical techniques
- Prior work experience (chemical industry), preferably in an MNC organization, with accredited labs like NABL
- Excellent knowledge of English, written and oral
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and networking skills
- Good strategic mind combined with strong analytical skills; self starter
- Strong organizational skills
- Understands the sensitivities of cross geographic working.