NITJ Admission to PhD Program 2022 – July Session – Applications Invited
Applications are invited for admission to Ph.D. (Full-Time, Part-Time and Self-Sponsored) Programme in Engineering, Sciences, Humanities, and Management for the Academic Year 2022-2023 (Session July-2022). Chemical Engineering PhD admission 2022. Check out all the details on the same below:
The Broad areas of Research, Eligibility Criteria, Selection Procedure, Reservation, and Teaching Assistantship-cum-Scholarships, can be seen below:
Department: Chemical Engineering
Broad Area of Research: Environment engineering, Advanced Oxidation Processes, Treatment of the effluent of textile industry, Nanomaterials for Energy and Environment, Catalysis, Reaction Engineering and modeling, Selective hydrogenation, Remediation of Sugar industry waste, Conversion of biomass to fuels and chemicals, Lignin valorization,
Biofuels and Bioproducts, Waste to energy, Solid waste Management, Thermochemical conversion Processes, Composite Materials and Corrosion, Multiphase Flow, CFD simulations of non-Newtonian fluids, Microfluidics, Heat transfer studies of Nano fluids(LSA), Rheology of complex fluids, Polymeric thin films Hydrogels, Bio-fluid mechanics, Fabrication of smart materials, Magnetic-field driven flow instabilities, Hydrodynamic stability, poroelasticity, CFD, Risk Assessment, Fire Dynamics, Chemical Process Safety, Modelling and Simulation, CO2 sequestration, wastewater treatment utilization and management, Edible films and coatings, Nanomaterials Synthesis for
Energy Application, Droplet-based microfluidics for sensing and Biomedical application, Heat transfer in porous media, Surfactant thin film stability analysis, New and Renewable Energy, Membrane Separation Process, Chemical Process Safety, polymers and composite, bio fuels, Nanomaterial / Nanocomposite, Multiphase flow, Polymer-nanoparticle composites, Photo-nano-catalysis, Thin Film Polymeric Coatings, Renewable hydrogen production and Antimicrobial coating, Hydrocarbon Engineering, Polymeric sensors, Anti-dust coatings, Biodegradable and edible films and composites
Broad Area of Research:
Superabsorbents / Smart Nano-materials, Biodegradable Green Nanocomposites, Nano-science and Technology, Nano- and environment-friendly functional smart materials, Materials chemistry/Surface Chemistry, Smart Polymers, Organic Synthesis, Inorganic Chemistry (Synthesis and application of coordination complexes, Nanocatalysis
and Organic Synthesis, Advance Materials, Chemosensors for detection of hazardous and bioactive compounds, Ionic liquids, Micellization behavior of surfactants and their applications in material chemistry, Solution thermodynamics of binary liquid mixtures, Green nanomaterials for environmental remediation, Green synthesis of nanomaterials for pollutant detection and remediation of Water, Transition metal-based nanostructures: Analytical methodologies and industrial applications, Multifunctional Porous Materials (Metal-Organic Frameworks and Covalent Organic Frameworks) for Energy, Environment and Catalysis applications, Nanomaterials for Chemo and Biosensing and Catalysis
Engineering Department Specific Qualifications:
Department of Chemical Engineering: The qualification for admission to the Ph.D. programme in the Department is a Master’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or its allied branches. A Master degree in Science (Chemistry or its equivalent) must have qualified in GATE/NET for a scholarship. However, the candidate with a Master’s degree in Science without GATE/NET can join in Ph.D. (Part-Time) Programme.
How to Apply:
The link to fill out the online application form can be accessed through the Institute website www.nitj.ac.in. Please submit separate application forms, if applying for more than one program. An application fee of Rs.1000/- (Rs.500/- for SC/ST/PWD candidates) is required to be paid online. The candidates are required to apply online and there is no requirement to send the Hard Copy of the application form to the Institute. The application fee shall not be refunded in any case.
- Candidates with GATE/NET (JRF/LS)/ UGC (JRF/LS) / Inspire Fellow / Sponsored by some outside agency as a full-time candidate need not clear Institute written examination. For all other candidates Institute, a written examination is to be cleared. However, GATE/NET (JRF/LS)/ UGC (JRF/LS) / Inspire Fellow/ Sponsorship from outside agency or Institute Examinations are only for shortlisting of the applicants. Mere shortlisting of an applicant does not confirm admission to Ph.D. Program. The admission shall be solely based upon the performance of individuals during “presentation and interaction” and the availability of the Supervisor in the proposed area of research.
- The admission to the Ph.D. program (Full-Time, Part-Time & Self-Sponsored) in all disciplines mentioned in this advertisement shall be made purely on the basis of a “presentation” to be made by the shortlisted applicants in their proposed area of research followed by “interaction” to be conducted by the respective Department Admission Committee. Mere shortlisting of an applicant does not confirm admission to Ph.D. Program.
- Shortlisting of candidates (other than GATE/NET (JRF/LS)/ UGC (JRF/LS) / Inspire Fellow / Sponsored by some outside agency as a full-time candidate) shall be done by the Departmental Admission Committee for the process of “presentation and interaction” for the applicants. For this purpose, a screening test shall be conducted by the respective Departments. Only those applicants who score marks above the cutoff of 40%, i.e. 24 marks out of 60 for UR category candidates, and 35% i.e. 21 out of 60 for SC/ST/OBC/EWS/PWD candidates in the screening test shall be eligible for presentation and interaction process. Marks obtained in the screening test shall not be counted for the preparation of the final merit list of the successful candidates. The details of the Syllabi will be separately notified on the Institute website i.e. www.nitj.ac.in
- The Pattern of Examination shall be as of GATE and NET examination. The Screening Test will be of MCQ Mode.
- The Department Admission Committee for each Department shall recommend suitable candidates for admission based on its assessment of presentation and interaction. Marks obtained in the screening test shall not be counted for the preparation of the final merit list of the successful candidates.
- Merely shortlisting of an applicant does not confirm admission to the Ph.D. program. The admission shall be solely based upon the performance of individuals during “presentation and interaction” and the availability of the Supervisor in the proposed area of research. The Department Admission Committee/Institute reserves the right not to recommend any candidate for admission to Ph.D. in the respective Department if the performance
of the shortlisted candidates is not found satisfactory during “presentation and interaction”. The decision of the Department Admission Committee (approved by the competent authority of the Institute) shall be final.
- The merit list of the selected candidates (based on presentation & interaction) shall be prepared on the basis of a mark. A candidate who scores less than 40 marks (out of 100) for “presentation & interaction” shall not be considered “qualified” for admission to Ph.D. program and his/her name shall not be recommended for
admission by Departmental Admission Committee.
- The list of recommended candidates for admission to the Ph.D. (Full-Time & Self-Sponsored) program shall be made in order of merit. The candidates who will be in the order of merit can opt for the Self-Sponsored mode of admission otherwise the seat available in the Self-Sponsored mode will be made available to the next candidate in order of merit. There will no upgradation of the candidate admitted under the Self-Sponsored mode to Full-Time (Institute Fellowship) mode.
- All the admitted candidates shall be governed by the Ph.D. regulations of the Institute and other instructions issued by the Institute from time to time.
The last date for submission of the online application form is 18/05/2022.
- Display of list of eligible candidates by the concerned HOD in the Institute website
- Written Test (if required, in the respective Department. Reporting time 9:30 AM) 26.05.2022*
- Display of list of candidates eligible for presentation & interaction 26.05.2022 by 4:00 PM in the respective Departments
- Presentation/interaction by all eligible candidates 27.05.2022 & 28.05.2022**
- Display of list of selected candidates 31.05.2022
- Deposition of fee & Registration 10.06.2022
- Commencement of classes Shall be notified on the Institute website
For more details, the candidates are advised to visit the Institute website www.nitj.ac.in for updates.
Editors Note: NITJ Admission to PhD admission, NITJ Admission to PhD , NITJ Admission to PhD Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.