Center of Innovative and Applied Bioprocessing (CIAB) is an autonomous national institute under Department of Biotechnology (Govt. of India). The institute is currently operational from its interim facility at 2nd Floor, C- 127, Phase VIII, Industrial Area, S.A.S. Nagar, Mohali-160 071 (Punjab), while its full-fledged regular campus is coming up at Knowledge City at Mohali.
This futuristic innovation institute of its own kind in the country has a mission of advancing knowledge, leads and emerging technologies/processes relevant to agri-food sector towards applications and products. It aims to link them with societal benefits through catalysing/promoting entrepreneurial action around bioprocesses, bio-products, value-addition to bioproducts etc. with special reference to the agri-food sector.
Currently, the four major mandated R&D areas in hand at the institute are (A) Value Addition to Primary Processing Residues/ Wastes for Edible Products; (B) Valorisation of Crop Waste for Speciality Products and Chemicals; (C) Nutritionals, nutraceuticals and upgradation of value or use of bioproducts, (D) Biosynthetic technology/synthetic biology for low volume-high volume products and industrial enzymes.
To support and steer this mission, the institute invites candidates for following temporary research positions:
Position Title: Junior Research Fellow
Master’s Degree in Science (Chemistry or Biology/ Biotechnology/ Biochemistry/ Microbiology/ Life Sciences) from a recognized institute / university, and having their own fellowships granted by CSIR/UGC/DBT/DST/ICAR /ICMR etc. Those appearing in Master’s Examination (Final Year) may also be considered. However, if selected, they will be required to provide evidence of completion of the Master’s degree (latest by July 2016) before they can join the position.
Age limit: 28 Years
Fellowship: As per terms & conditions of the fellowship awarded by the agency
Tenure: As per terms & conditions of the fellowship awarded by the agency
Position Title: Project Fellow
No. of Posts: I (One position)
Age limit: 28 Years
Fellowship: Rs. 16,000/- pm
Tenure: One Year, extendable (post-evaluation) for second year subject to satisfactory progress, institutional need and financial provisions.
M. Sc. in Biotechnology / Biochemistry / Life Sciences from a recognized Institute or University.
- Incomplete applications and applications that are not in proper format may be rejected.
- The above research opportunities are open only to Indian Nationals.
- The applications should be submitted in the prescribed format that can be downloaded from the CIAB website: www.ciab.res.in.
- Completed applications along with photocopies of all the relevant educational and experience certificates are to be submitted at the time of registration at CIAB Interim Facility, C-127, Second Floor, Phase-8, Industrial Area, Mohali-160071, Punjab, from 09:00 AM to 10:30 AM on 15-07-2016.
- All the positions are based at Mohali, Punjab but some works may be assigned to be carried out at outstations also.
- Number of positions may vary.
- Relaxation of age shall be as per Government of India Rules as applicable to these positions.
- No TA/DA etc. would be paid for attending the walk-in-interview.
- Candidates should bring their original documents for verification and one set of photocopy (for submission) of their all relevant certificates related to education, experience, publications, thesis/dissertations etc. at the time of interview.
- Candidates found eligible after scrutiny of applications post registration, shall be required to appear before a Selection Committee. Kindly note that in case there are substantial number of applicants, the Chief Executive Officer, CIAB reserves the right to devise such criteria as deemed fit to shortlist the candidates for the interview.
- If required, a written test may also be conducted to short-list candidates. The decision of the CEO, CIAB to conduct a written test or not, shall be final and binding on all in this respect.
How To Apply:
- The interested candidates may appear for Walk-In-Interview on 15-07-2016 along with the application form available on the website www.ciab.res.in
- The duly filled application form must be submitted at the time of the registration from 09:00 AM to 10:30 AM on 15-07-2016.
- The candidates must ascertain their eligibility before applying, as ineligible candidates would not be interviewed.
- The eligible applicants would be interviewed by a duly constituted committee.
- The committee would recommend the candidates, if found suitable, for consideration of the competent authority for engagement on purely on Fellowship/Stipendiary basis for a period of one year.
- CIAB may consider (based on performance review of the candidate, should CIAB requires and the candidate intends) to extend the incumbent’s working for the second year. During the engagement period, the fellowship/scholarship may be discontinued by the institute at any time with one months’ notice or one month’s emoluments in lieu.
- Subject to satisfactory performance and R&D outputs, NET qualified research fellows may be allowed to continue as SRF after 2 years of Junior Research Fellowship.
- Provisions of registration for Ph.D exist at Universities having MoU with CIAB subject to scholar’s tangible performance, promise, academic suitability, etc.
Date: 15th July, 2016
Time: 09:00 AM to 10:30 AM
Venue: CIAB Interim Facility, C-127, Second Floor, Phase-8, Industrial Area, Mohali-160071, Punjab.