Govt CLRI Chemistry Project Vacancies – Apply Now!
CSIR – CENTRAL LEATHER RESEARCH INSTITUTE
Council of Scientific & Industrial Research
Adyar, Chennai – 600020, Tamil Nadu, India
Date of Walk-in Interview: 19.01.2024
Engagement to the positions of Scientific Administrative Assistant, Project Assistant, Project Associate-l, Junior Research Fellow & Senior Research Fellow on temporary basis to work in CSIR-CLRI
CSIR-Central Leather Research Institute (CLRI), Chennai is a National Laboratory under the aegis of Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR). It is one of the World’s premier Institute engaged in Research & Development in the area of Leather Science & Technology and associated with several National & International Programs.
1. Project Assistant
Qualification: B.Sc. in Physics / Chemistry / Biochemistry / Biology
Candidates having the following qualifications experience / skills will be given preference:
- M.Sc in Chemistry Biochemistry / Polymer Chemistry / Chemistry / Analytical
- Experience in MS Office, English typing, Email communication
- Good communication skills.
Number of Positions: 01
Monthly Emoluments: Rs. 20,000/- plus HRA
Upper Age Limit: 50 years
2. Project Associate-l
Qualification: M.Sc in Chemistry / Biochemistry / Polymer Chemistry / Analytical Chemistry
- Experience in conducting skill development programs.
- Good communication skills.
Number of Positions: 01
Tenure: 06 months
Monthly Emoluments: Rs. 25,000/- plus HRA
Upper Age Limit: 35 years
3. Junior Research Fellow
Tenure: 01 year
Essential: M.Sc Chemistry/ Inorganic/ 01 year Organic/ Physical/ Analytical Chemistry with 55% marks from a recognized University/ Institute and passing of NET/GATE
Desirable: Candidates having First class in M.Sc with knowledge in handling sophisticated instruments will be given preference.
No. of Posts: 01 Position
Monthly emoluments: Rs. 31,000/- plus HRA per month
Upper age limit: 28 years
4. Senior Research Fellow
Tenure: 01 Year
(a) M.Sc. in Chemical Science (OR) (b) M.Tech in Chemical Engineering / Environmental Engineering equivalent to (a) or (b) from a recognized University Institute selected through a process described through any one of the following:
Scholars who are selected through National Eligibility Test CSIR UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) and GATE with two years of research experience.
A selection process through National level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IIT, IISc, IISER etc. with two years of research experience.
Desirable: Candidates having experience in pollution remediation, bio- electrochemical techniques such as reactor design and process optimization for industrial wastewater treatment; knowledge in instrumental techniques will be given preference.
No. of Posts: 01 Position
Monthly emoluments: Rs. 42,000/- plus HRA per month.
Upper age limit: 32 years
*Tenure mentioned above may be extendable. In any case, it is co-terminus with the project or till such time this requirement exists whichever is earlier.
@Upper age limit is relaxable upto 5 years for SC/ST/OBC/Women and Physically handicapped candidates.
$ Age relaxation as per Government of India/ funding agency norms: Upper age limit is relaxable upto 5 years in case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes, Divyangjan (PWD) and female applicants whereas 3 years in case of OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates.
Note: As per CSIR letter No. 5-1(342)/2015-PD dated 12.01.2023, engagement of Project Staff shall be co-terminus with the term of the Project subject to the condition that the total period of the engagement of a Project Staff in different projects either in the same Lab/Instt. or different Lab/Instt. of CSIR taken together shall not exceed 5 years in any case.
Hence, the applicants who have completed the total tenure of 5 years in any of the CSIR Lab/Instt. as Project Staff are NOT ELIGIBLE to apply for the aforesaid positions.
Date of Walk-in Interview: Candidates fulfilling the above mentioned qualification, age etc., may attend the Walk-in Interview on 19th January 2024 from 09:00 a.m. onwards at CSIR-Central Leather Research Institute, Sardar Patel Road, Adyar, Chennai – 600020 along with application form and supporting documents.
Based on the number of candidates who may attend for the position of Scientific Administrative Assistant against SI.No. 1, the Selection Committee, may also conduct a written test (Multiple Choice Question type – Graduation Level), at its discretion, to shortlist the candidates for the Interview. For other positions walk-in-interview will be conducted as per the schedule given above.
Application Form is available in the CLRI website (https://clri.org/CareersForms.aspx). Candidates should attend the Walk-in Interview with duly filled in Application Form with self-attested photocopies of requisite certificates/ documents (viz. Date of Birth certificate, 10th or equivalent certificate, XII or equivalent certificate, Graduation certificate, experience proof (if applicable) etc. along with original certificates for verification, a photo id proof like Aadhar Card, Voter I-Card or any other Photo ID Card issued by any Government Agency and 02 passport size colour photographs.
General Terms and Conditions –
- This is a purely temporary position
- The date of determining qualification and age shall be the date of Walk-in-Interview.
- Applications submitted other than in the enclosed prescribed Application form will not be considered.
- Candidates are requested NOT to send their applications by post speed post/ courier.
- The prescribed qualifications should have been obtained through recognized Universities/ Institutions etc.
- Incomplete application forms without requisite information, certificates/ documents, and photographs are liable -to be rejected.
- Any discrepancy found in the information given in the application that is evident in the original documents will make the candidate ineligible for appearing for the interview.
- If at any subsequent date it is detected/ found that the candidates have given incorrect
information or has withheld certain information or does not fulfil the eligibility criteria;
their candidature shall be cancelled without assigning any reason whatsoever.
- The candidates attending the interview should bring along with them the duly signed application form, accompanied by self-attested photocopies of all the requisite certificates, mark sheets in support of age, educational qualifications, and experience (if applicable), and submit the same along with the original certificates, and mark sheets, at the time of attending an interview for verification.
- The candidates will not be allowed to attend the interview if they do not bring their application form and or requisite certificates/ mark sheets.
- Candidates would not be allowed beyond 10:00 a.m. for those reporting time is 09:00 a.m. on the date of interview. Candidates would not be allowed beyond 02:00 p.m. for those reporting time is 01:00 p.m. on the dates of interview.
- No travelling allowance will be paid for attending Walk-in-Interview.
- All applicants must fulfil the essential qualifications of the position and other conditions stipulated in the notification as of the date of the interview. They are advised to satisfy themselves before appearing for an interview and that they possess the essential qualifications laid down for the position they are applying. No enquiry asking for advice as to eligibility will be entertained.
- Document/ Certificate furnished in a language other than Hindi or English must be accompanied with an English transcript of the same duly attested by a Gazetted Officer or Notary.
- Canvassing in any form and/or bringing any political influence or otherwise will be treated as a disqualification for the position.
- The Director, CSIR-CLRI has a right to amend, delete and add terms & conditions to this notification.
- Candidates found suitable for selection will be empanelled. Empanelled candidates may be selected for future project requirements.
- Final year/ Semester students, who are awaiting results are NOT ELIGIBLE to be considered.
- The Tenure mentioned above may be curtailed/ extendable. In any case, it is co-terminus with the project or till such time the requirement for the need of Project Assistant exists, whichever is earlier.
- In case of selection, Original certificates must be again produced for verification at the time of joining.
- The position is purely temporary and will not confer any right on the Project Assistant for permanent appointment in CLRI/ CSIR.
- The Director, CSIR-CLRI reserves the right to cancel the notification without assigning any reason thereof or reserves the right not to fill up the positions. The number of positions indicated against each position is provisional and may increase or decrease at the time of selection.
- The decision of the Director, CSIR-CLRI in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of applications will be final and binding on candidates.
Keywords: Govt CLRI Chemistry, Project Vacancies, Apply Now, CSIR, Walk-in Interview, Scientific Administrative Assistant, Project Assistant, Project Associate-l, Junior Research Fellow, Senior Research Fellow. Govt CLRI Chemistry Project Vacancies – Apply Now! Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more. Govt CLRI Chemistry Project Vacancies – Apply Now!