Exide Energy Solutions Ltd Hiring PhD Chemistry/ Inorganic Chemisty Candidates
About the Company
Exide Energy Solutions Ltd is a company based in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India, specializing in energy solutions and battery manufacturing.
About the Job
Scientist – Anode active material
Primary job responsibility is to develop and scale up solid-state compounds used in electrodes (primarily in anode) of various kinds of batteries like lithium-ion, sodium-ion systems.
The anode material development scientist will primarily be a solid-state chemist/inorganic chemist/materials chemist, with good experience in synthesis and characterization of carbon materials like CNTs, graphene, graphitic forms of carbon, silicon materials, composite of carbon and silicon, and solid-state/inorganic compounds. The scientist needs to understand wet chemical and solid-state chemistry synthesis routes. The scientist should have a primary understanding of the functioning of anode active materials in a rechargeable battery system. The scientist should be fully hands-on on various chemistry laboratories unit operations/experimental procedures and various characterization routes/techniques. The scientist should understand the structure-property relationship for materials. The scientist will contribute directly to innovation and leading-edge technology, working within a highly technical team who are partnering with emerging companies, organizations, and universities dedicated to battery cell manufacturing and sustainability.
- Synthesis and scale-up of carbon-based solid-state compounds of known process chemistry/licensed IP
- Plan and execute an R&D program on lithium-ion anode active material chemistry for lithium battery
- Plan and execute an R&D program on carbon-silicon composite for lithium battery
- Plan and execute an R&D program on upcoming chemistries (Na ion, etc.) for anode active material
- Experience in working on Li/Na battery anode actives would be preferred
- Should be well versed with detailed X-ray diffraction characterization techniques
- Should be an expert with structure-property co-relationship for solid-state compounds
- Should be an expert with solid-state synthesis and wet chemical synthesis of carbon/inorganic compounds
- Should have knowledge of basic electrochemical measurements
- Should be hands-on in the laboratory
- Should have experience of working with customers and achieving the desired demands posed by them, with a few examples
- Should have worked on Li-cell (at least coin cell) making line in a glove box/dry room
- Ph.D. in Chemistry of Materials/Inorganic Chemistry/Solid State Chemistry
- Minimum of 4-7 years of relevant/similar industrial experience after PhD degree
- Should be an extensive reader of literature and be able to articulate the new trends in the relevant fields
- Should be able to balance scientific and business deliverables for a project
- Should have handled a team of 2-3 scientists/technical specialists and be able to manage the laboratory needs
Link to Original Notification to apply: Click here
Keywords: Anode Scientist, Exide Energy Solutions, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India, lithium-ion batteries, sodium-ion systems, solid-state compounds, carbon materials, CNTs, graphene, graphitic carbon, silicon materials, composite of carbon and silicon, inorganic compounds, wet chemical synthesis, solid-state chemistry, structure-property relationship, R&D program, X-ray diffraction, Li/Na battery anode actives, electrochemical measurements, laboratory experience, Ph.D. in Chemistry of Materials/Inorganic Chemistry/Solid State Chemistry, scientific trends, business deliverables, team management. Exide Energy Solutions Ltd Hiring PhD Chemistry/ Inorganic Chemisty Candidates. Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.