IIT Roorkee PhD Chemical Engineering Job – Apply For Post Doc Post
ADVT. NO.: IITR/CH/PDF/23-24/ DATED: DECEMBER 07, 2023
ADVERTISEMENT FOR POST DOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP POSITION
The Department of Chemical Engineering at the Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee invites applications from outstanding and enthusiastic researchers for a postdoctoral position under the mentorship of Prof. K.K. Pant (PI), Prof. Prakash Biswas (co-PI), and Prof. Prateek K. Jha (co-PI) focused on “First-principle design, synthesis and characterization of nickel-ceria-zirconia catalysts for methane tri-reforming from MOF precursors”.
Last date for the submission of application is January 15, 2024. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
Minimum qualification and experience:
- The candidate must have PhD in Chemical Engineering/Chemical Technology/Allied disciplines in Engineering and Sciences with a research background in the aforementioned areas with a good publication record.
- Prior experience with density functional theory calculations/molecular simulations applied to catalysis or related problems
- Knowledge of preparing, characterizing, and testing heterogeneous catalysts in a batch/flow reactor and kinetic modelling.
* Candidates who have recently submitted their thesis are also eligible to apply subject to the condition that they should furnish proof of the award of a PhD degree at the time of interviewat IIT Roorkee if shortlisted
Duration and fellowship amount:
The duration of the fellowship will be 2 years extendable by one more year. The Fellowship may be terminated by either side by giving one-month notice. A consolidated fellowship of Rs. 55,000.00 per month for two years and Rs. 60,000.00 for third year (if extended) and a contingency of Rs. 50,000.00 per annum will be awarded to Post-Doctoral Fellows.
How to apply?
Candidates should clearly mention Advt. No. and date with the title of the position applying for with a covering letter, curriculum vitae, three reference letters*, list of publications (highlighted with the most relevant publication(s) for the post), research statement describing past research and plans for future research in the context of the focus for which the post is being advertised (mandatory) all in a single PDF file by e-mail, to:
Department of Chemical Engineering,
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
Roorkee –247667, Uttarakhand, INDIA
Email: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], and [email protected]
Phone: +91-1332-285217 (office)
Please ask three experts in your research area to send their reference letters directly to the above-mentioned email-ids,
- Post-doctoral Fellows will be registered as students and may avail facilities of hostel accommodation, library, computer center, available hospital facilities, etc. Depending upon the availability, they may get shelter accommodation also. They will be entitled to 2.5 days of leave per completed calendar month. No carry forward for leave will be allowed beyond a calendar year. PDF positions are purely temporary.
- The screened candidates will be called for an interview.
Keywords: Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Chemical Engineering, Post Doctoral Fellowship, Research, Application, Catalysts, Methane tri-reforming, MOF Precursors, PhD, Temporary Position. IIT Roorkee PhD Chemical Engineering Job – Apply For Post Doc Post. Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.