Adidas Hiring Chemical Engineering For Manager Role!
JOB TITLE: Manager, MI – Advanced Chemicals (LO India)
TEAM: Global Operations
CONTRACT TYPE: Full time
DATE: Oct 26, 2023
MANAGER, MI – ADVANCED CHEMICALS (LO INDIA)
A key player in Global Sourcing in driving Sourcing’s vision to be the Most Agile, Most Competitive, Most Digitalized & Cleanest Supply Base in the industry.
Drive engineering & manufacturing innovations on both process and product level from concept validation to full deployment to create overall industrial competitiveness. Take priority action as a consultant pool of technical experts guiding to a world-class supply of rubber, EVA, PU, injected plastic components, ink/paint, textile coloration, adhesive and other chemical products.
- Research sporting goods, technologies, supply partner via reality checks and other industries to benchmark and identify potential opportunities for innovative technology, processes, or materials that create an overall industrial competitive advantage.
- Understand IP (Intellectual Property) landscape.
- Project team-based collaboration for engineering & manufacturing innovation product concepts and ingredients from validation to full deployment via technical expertise and action throughout the readiness levels, gate 1 & 2 meetings, and scalability for projects and phases assigned to.
- Identify challenges & opportunities during the innovation readiness level stages and initiate workstreams needed while maintaining an emphasis on performance, efficiency, cost and sustainability benefits.
- Receive seasonal compound requests from product creation teams and guide supply partner counterparts to experiment, formulate, test and effectively transition from development to production to satisfy those needs.
- Ownership of Material Lifecycle Management system for bottom material creation and management (clean ups).
- Give technical consultant feedback to Ops/Materials teams for new supplier onboarding, Costing and Quality.
- Role model leadership to foster a culture of Diversity Equity & Inclusion that strives for an inclusive workplace.
- Global Sourcing: costing, materials, engineering and manufacturing innovation team
- Headquarter innovation and Business Unit teams.
- External stakeholders: Sourcing Suppliers
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Advanced knowledge of polymer chemistry, and other chemical products including formulations, processing, machinery, and physical testing in the field of “Solid”, “Liquid”, and/or “Gas” specialties: o “Solid”: rubber, injected plastic components, o “Liquid”: ink/paint, textile coloration, adhesive o “Gas”: EVA, PU, TPU.
- Strong analytical skills for problem solving and for creation, planning and delivering of project work.
- Ability to explain highly technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Constantly challenging the status quo.
- Basic understanding of costing principles.
- Good influencing, people, presentation and communication skills.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Strong Microsoft office skills.
REQUISITE EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- University Degree in Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science, Materials Science or related engineering areas.
- Minimum 7+ years of relevant experience.
Link to apply: Apply Now
Keywords: chemcial engineering job, manager role, adidas hiring, Gurgaon, manufacturing innovation, polymer chemistry, materials science, relevant experience.