PhD Residency Internship 2024 at X – a Google Company – Exclusive For Chemistry Candidates
2024 PhD Residency – Platypus – Electrochemistry/Electrolyzer Engineering Internship
THE FOUNDATION OF AN AMAZING JOURNEY Our goal at X is to make the world a radically better place. In order to do that we seek fresh unexpected perspectives, from different fields, and that’s why we’re excited about you. Life here isn’t easy, but it’s fun
X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
THE FOUNDATION OF AN AMAZING JOURNEY
Our goal at X is to make the world a radically better place. In order to do that we seek fresh unexpected perspectives, from different fields, and that’s why we’re excited about you.
Life here isn’t easy, but it’s fun. We’re trying to build things most people can’t even imagine, and we’re doing it with the hope of making a huge, positive impact on the world. You’ll be embedded into a moonshot project, where you’ll partner with team members to solve key challenges.
This isn’t your ordinary internship. You’ll be positively challenged and pushed professionally, in ways that you may have never experienced. If this excites you – keep reading.
DURING YOUR INTERNSHIP YOU CAN EXPECT:
- To be placed on one of our confidential or public X projects
- To get paid competitively and with Google benefits
- To be part of a lively community of other Interns and Residents
- To addend colloquium and discussions with team leads from across Google, DeepMind and external organizations
- Location: X’s headquarters in Mountain View, CA
- Start Date(s): Year-round rolling basis
- Duration: a flexible 4 mo. to 1 year program based on project team needs and your availability
- Must be enrolled in an academic program and working towards completing a PhD
- General description: An electrochemistry resident specialized in cell engineering
- Collaborate with the X Early Pipeline teams on electrochemical cell design
- Design multi-membrane flow cells using CAD tools for three-phase electrochemical reactions
- Deploy real-time sensing of cell status, identify the sources of cell inefficiencies and optimize cell structure and catalyst materials iteratively
- Develop cell testing protocol and accelerate process optimization with parallel experimentations.
- Work with the teams on techno-economic analysis and life-cycle emission analysis on electrochemical processes at different scales.
- Conduct interdisciplinary research.
- Engaging with the Intern community during the program, engaging with the X community, attending colloquia and tech talks.
- Currently enrolled in a PhD program in a STEM field such as Electrochemistry, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Engineering with expertise in cell design.
- Experience working with potentiostats such as Biologic, PalmSens and Gamry.
- Strong knowledge of electrolysis.
- Experience with designing cell structure and fluid modeling with CAD
- Knowledge of real-time sensing and dashboarding
- Strong interest in rapid prototyping and physical experimentation.
- Experience with electrolytic reactions such as CO2 reduction, hydrogen generation and salt splitting.
- Experience with bipolar-membranes and their applications.
- Strong publication records on cell design related works.
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages such as Python, C/C++ etc.
At X, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: [email protected].
Editor’s Note: PhD Residency Internship 2024 at X – a Google Company – Exclusive For Chemistry Candidates. Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.