Application Engineer II Chemical Engg
Applied Materials, Inc. (Nasdaq: AMAT) is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. At Applied Materials, our innovations make possible the technology shaping the future.
Locations: Bangalore, IND
Time Type: Full time
Posted on: Posted Today
Job Requisition ID: R2316464
About the Position
Applied Materials India is looking for an Application Development Engineer Intern to join our team working on Actionable Insights Accelerator (AIx TM) platform.
AIx is an innovative platform that accelerates the discovery, development and commercial deployment of new chip technologies. It includes ChamberAITM consisting of new sensors and machine learning algorithms for Applied Materials process chambers that provide engineers with real-time analytics of variables including chemistry, energy, pressure, temperature and duration.
- Develop new sensors and/or new capabilities in existing sensors
- Understand and translate market requirements to product specifications
- Work with algorithm, system, software and other cross-functional teams to analyze alternative solutions and provide data for decision making
- Tool performance and limitation analysis
- Support customer & field issues driving adoption of developed tools/features
- Qualification: Master/Integrated Dual Degree/PhD scholars from premier academic institutions with 0-2 years’ experience, specialization in Microelectronics/Chemical Engineering/Engineering Physics/Mechatronics
- Sound fundamentals of semiconductor device physics and process knowledge (deposition, etching, etc.)
- Requires 70% travel on short notice to leading semiconductor chip manufacturing fabs overseas and Applied Materials headquarters
- Detail-oriented, with strong analytical skills, problem-solving abilities, and excellent communication skills
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, strong documentation and presentation skills
- Good programming skills and hands-on experience in Python. ML/DL knowledge will be an advantage
- Basic familiarity of working in a semiconductor fab and experience in interfacing with field support engineers is highly desirable
- Understanding of Metrology process and requirements in IC manufacturing is highly desirable
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Keywords: Applied Materials, Application Engineer, Chemical Engineering, Job Recruitment, Bangalore, Full Time, Semiconductor, Microelectronics, Engineering Physics, Mechatronics, Semiconductor Fab, Metrology Process.