Polymer Scientist/ Principal Scientist
Job Locations: IN-MH-NAVI MUMBAI
Category: SCIENCE & ENGINEERING
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantlyfeel connected to something bigger – a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other’s successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Polymer Scientist will play a critical role in the research and development of novel polymer materials, formulations, and applications. This position involves designing and conducting experiments, analyzing data, and collaborating with cross-functional teams to advance polymer-related projects. The successful candidate will contribute to innovation in polymer chemistry, material characterization, and process optimization to drive the development of new products and technologies.
Research and Experimentation:
- Work with third parties to design and conduct experiments to synthesize and modify polymers with specific properties.
- Characterize polymer structures and properties using techniques such as spectroscopy, thermal analysis, rheology and mechanical property testing.
- Analyze experimental data to draw meaningful conclusions and make data-driven recommendations.
- Interpret and present results to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Troubleshoot experimental challenges and propose solutions based on analysis.
Innovation and Development:
- Contribute to the development of new polymer formulations with targeted properties, such as mechanical strength, thermal and chemical resistance.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to translate research findings into viable products or applications.
- Stay current with industry trends, regulations and emerging technologies in polymer science.
Documentation and Reporting:
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of experimental procedures, results, and observations.
- Generate technical reports, presentations, and documentation to communicate findings internally and externally.
Safety and Compliance:
- Comply with relevant regulations, standards, and ethical guidelines in research and development activities.
Equipment and Facility Management:
- Operate and maintain laboratory equipment, ensuring functionality and accuracy.
- Collaborate with laboratory support staff to ensure a well-organized and efficient work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Polymer Chemistry, Materials Science, Organic Chemistry, or a related field. Master’s degree with relevant experience may be considered.
- Strong background in polymer synthesis, characterization, and structure-property relationships; ideally with a focus on elastomers.
- Knowledge of elastomers and processing technologies (extrusion, injection molding, etc.).
- Publications or patents in the field of polymer science.
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements for polymer materials.
- Familiarity with polymer processing techniques and their applications.
- Excellent data analysis, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, for technical reporting and collaboration with interdisciplinary teams.
- Strong attention to detail, safety consciousness, and a proactive approach to research challenges.
Keywords: Polymer Scientist, Principal Scientist, Polymer Chemistry, Materials Science, Organic Chemistry, Elastomers, Research and Development, Data Analysis, Innovation, Polymer Formulations, Documentation, Safety Compliance