INST Walk-in-Interview for Ph.D. – January 2024 Session
Institute of Nano Science and Technology (INST), Mohali, an Autonomous Institute supported by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, is conducting Walk-in-Interviews on the following dates for prospective candidates for admission into its Ph.D. Program for the session beginning in January 2024.
- 10th October 2023 – Quantum Materials & Device Unit
- 11th October 2023 – Energy and Environment Unit
- 13th October 2023 – Chemical Biology Unit
Reporting Time: 09:00 am
Venue: Institute of Nano Science and Technology, Sector 81, Mohali 140306, Punjab (near IISER Mohali)
Number of Students Required:
- SC/ST: 16
- OBC: 19
- EWS: 8
- GEN: 35
Students with an independent source of fellowship, for example, CSIR/UGC-JRF, are eligible to attend the Walk-in-Interview. Selected students will be enrolled in the Ph.D. program of the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Mohali, and the Ph.D. degree will be awarded by IISER, Mohali.
If you have any queries, email [email protected]
The major ongoing research areas at INST are given at the end of this document.
- M. Sc. or M. Pharm. or M. Tech. in Basic or Applied Sciences, Engineering, or related areas. Students who have appeared for the final year/semester examinations are also eligible, provided that the degree will be granted on or before 20th December 2023.
- Must have qualified for an independent source fellowship like CSIR/UGC-JRF, ICMR-JRF, DBT-JRF, any other equivalent fellowships, or with secured funding.
- Age limit: As per the guidelines of CSIR-UGC and DST.
- Interested candidates are requested to submit an online synopsis to express their interest in attending the interview: https://forms.gle/kxwaXHFgkDak7BgW9
- Candidates should report by 9 am at Institute of Nano Science and Technology, Sector 81, Mohali.
- All original documents in support of date of birth, educational qualifications, fellowship (UGC/CSIR-JRF, DBT-JRF, ICMR-JRF, etc.), reservation (SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PH/EWS), research experience, publications, etc. should be produced at the time of interview for verification.
- Candidates should also bring two passport-size photographs and one set of photocopy of the above documents.
- No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
- After the interview, the list of candidates selected for Ph.D. will be uploaded on INST website and the candidates will be intimated by email.
- Selection of students shall be done as per the provisions of The Central Educational Institutions (Reservation in Admission) Act, 2006 and amendments made thereto.
- The candidates are advised to visit INST website frequently to track the latest developments.
- Number of students required for admission SC/ST (16), OBC (19), EWS (8), and GEN (35).
- Candidates will be required to remit the application fees online on the date of interview.
- Rs. 590/- for General, OBC, and EWS candidates, and Rs. 295/- for SC, ST, and PH candidates.
Keywords: WALK-IN-INTERVIEW, Ph.D., January 2024 SESSION, Institute of Nano Science and Technology, Mohali, Walk-in-Interviews, Quantum Materials & Device Unit, Energy and Environment Unit, Chemical Biology Unit, Admission, Eligibility, Selection Procedure, Application Fees. INST Walk-in-Interview for Ph.D. – January 2024 Session. Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.