latest Chemistry Job Opening at Element- Apply Online
Element, one of the fastest-growing testing, inspection, and certification businesses globally, is currently seeking a skilled Chemist to join their dynamic team. This exciting job opening presents an excellent opportunity for individuals with a strong background in chemistry to contribute to Element’s mission of making tomorrow safer than today.
Job post: Chemist
Job ID: 2023-11674
Educational Qualification: a diploma/degree in chemistry
Job location: Ghatkopar West in Mumbai
Element is a leading global provider of Testing, Inspection, and Certification (TIC) services on a wide range of products, materials, processes and services and products for a diverse set of end markets, where failure in service is simply not an option.
Responsibilities for Chemist role
- Sample preparation for ICP-OES of sample (ferrous & non-ferrous base samples) , and carry out elemental analysis of metal & Non-metal sample
- Operation & calibration of equipment like ovens, furnaces, fume hood, Sonicator, weighing balance etc.
- Handling of ICP-OES, Carbon & Sulphur analyser, ONH analyser
- Prepare the reagents, standard solution and ensure standardisation of the solution used in the laboratory
- Handling and storage all chemicals as per the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
- Managing the calibration of glass wares and the instruments
- Maintaining records of environmental conditions
- Issue reports and receive samples to and from the respective entities ,in compliance to ISO 17025 requirements
Skills / Qualifications
- Have a diploma / degree in chemistry with at least 2 years experience in similar role
- Have the ability to work in teams under pressure and flexible to work different working hours (night / day) shifts if required or necessary
- Good English communication skills: reading, writing, speaking
- Good maths skills
- Knowledge and experience of safe operation of testing equipment and operating in an independent / chemistry / consultant laboratory
Possible interview questions and answers for latest Chemistry Job Opening at Element for Chemist Post :
- Can you describe your experience with sample preparation for ICP-OES and elemental analysis of metal and non-metal samples?
Answer: In my previous role as a Chemist, I had extensive experience in preparing samples for ICP-OES analysis. I followed established protocols to ensure accurate and representative samples were analyzed. I also conducted elemental analysis of various metal and non-metal samples using appropriate analytical techniques, adhering to standard operating procedures and safety guidelines.
- How have you ensured the calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment in your previous role?
Answer: As a Chemist, I understood the importance of properly calibrating and maintaining laboratory equipment. I diligently performed routine calibration checks and maintenance tasks for equipment such as ovens, furnaces, fume hoods, Sonicators, and weighing balances. I also kept records of calibration activities and promptly addressed any equipment malfunctions or issues to ensure accurate and reliable results.
- Can you discuss your experience with handling and storage of chemicals in accordance with MSDS guidelines?
Answer: Safety is a top priority in any laboratory setting. In my previous role, I had extensive experience in handling and storing chemicals in compliance with the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) guidelines. I followed proper labeling, storage, and disposal procedures for hazardous chemicals to minimize risks and ensure a safe working environment for myself and colleagues.
- How familiar are you with ISO 17025 requirements and how have you implemented them in your previous work?
Answer: I have a strong understanding of ISO 17025 requirements, which are essential for maintaining quality and competence in testing laboratories. In my previous role, I ensured compliance with ISO 17025 by accurately documenting and maintaining records of environmental conditions, issuing reports, and receiving samples from clients. I also participated in internal audits to assess our adherence to the standard and implemented corrective actions when necessary.
5. How have you demonstrated your ability to work effectively in a team and handle pressure in your previous experience?
Answer: Collaboration and the ability to work under pressure are crucial in any laboratory environment. In my previous role, I actively participated in team-based projects and effectively communicated with colleagues to achieve common goals. I remained composed and focused during high-pressure situations, such as meeting tight deadlines or addressing unexpected challenges. My ability to adapt to different working hours, including night and day shifts when required, further showcases my flexibility and dedication to the job.
Subscribe Rasayanika for more job updates