CBMR Hiring JRF – MSc Chemistry Candidates Apply – Details
Dont forget to check out possible interview questions for this job below
Applications are invited for one post of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) position to work in a CSIR-EMR funded project, details are given below:
Project Title Asymmetric Total Synthesis of Eupalinilide E and Allied Guaianolides
Job Title: Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
No. of vacancies 01
Emoluments ₹31,000/- per month + HRA + MA (as per rules)
The minimum qualifications are MSc in Chemistry/equivalent degree, with 55% marks and passing of NET/GATE test.
Preference will be given to the candidates having research experiences (academic and/or industrial) in organic synthesis.
The upper age limit for JRF shall be 28 as on the day on which the
application is made. A small relaxation in age limit may be considered, in
the case of applicants who are suitably qualified and experienced, on the
recommendations of the selection committee. The upper age limit is
relaxable upto 5 years in the case of candidates belonging to scheduled
castes/ tribes/ OBC, women and physically handicapped candidates.
Tenure Till end of the project.
How To Apply:
Interested eligible candidates are requestedto send a motivation letter
about their suitability for the post and CV to the academic cell of CBMR
to email: [email protected]
Last Date 25th May 2023
Possible Interview Questions:
- Can you provide an overview of your academic qualifications and how they relate to the requirements of this Junior Research Fellow (JRF) position? Answer: I have successfully completed my MSc in Chemistry with a focus on organic synthesis. I secured 55% marks in my degree. Additionally, I have also qualified the NET/GATE test, which demonstrates my proficiency in the field.
- Could you share any research experiences you have, either in academia or the industry, particularly in the area of organic synthesis? Answer: I have actively participated in various research projects during my academic journey. For instance, I worked on a project involving the synthesis of novel organic compounds. Additionally, I also interned at an industrial organization where I gained practical experience in organic synthesis techniques and methodologies.
- How familiar are you with asymmetric total synthesis and its applications in the context of the project’s objective to synthesize Eupalinilide E and allied guaianolides? Answer: I am well-versed with the concept of asymmetric total synthesis, which involves the synthesis of complex organic molecules with a desired stereochemistry. I understand the significance of this technique in drug discovery and natural product synthesis. Although I may require further guidance and training specific to Eupalinilide E and allied guaianolides, I am eager to contribute my knowledge and learn more about these compounds.
- Can you discuss any challenges you anticipate encountering during this research project, and how you plan to address them? Answer: One potential challenge in this research project could be optimizing the synthetic route to achieve the desired compounds efficiently. To address this, I plan to extensively review the literature and consult with experienced researchers in the field. I believe a systematic approach, careful experimentation, and collaboration with team members will help overcome any challenges encountered during the project.
- How do you envision your role as a Junior Research Fellow in contributing to the success of the project? Answer: As a Junior Research Fellow, I see myself playing a vital role in the project’s success. I will actively participate in experimental design, data analysis, and result interpretation. I will ensure meticulous documentation of my work and communicate effectively with the research team. Additionally, I will stay updated with relevant scientific literature and contribute innovative ideas to further enhance the project’s outcomes.
CBMR Hiring JRF Looking for latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow Rasayanika Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more