Firmenich QC Job – MSc Chemistry Candidates Apply Online
Dont forget to check out possible interview questions for this job below
Firmenich hiring analytical scientist. Scientist job opening 2023, Chemistry job opening 2023. Candidates with college degree in chemistry may apply for the job opening at Firmenich. Chemistry job opening 2023, Analytical scientist job opening 2023. Check out all the details
Job Title: QUALITY CONTROL ANALYTICAL SCIENTIST, GC
Job function: QUALITY HEALTH SAFETY ENVIRONMENT
Eligbility Criteria & Experience:
- MSc. (+ 2 years’ experience), or BSc (+ 5 years’ experience) in analytical chemistry or related areas
- Handling of Gas chromatography and Mass spectrometry for analytical analysis in a commercial or research lab
- Knowledge of Instrument troubleshooting
- Basic knowledge of computers
- Desire to achieve results
- Open to work in shifts
- Culture that values diversity where people are at the heart of the company
- Opportunity to work for a company that cares about environment and sets and achieve ambitious sustainability objectives
- Entry to exciting and inspiring world of perfumes and taste.
- Interpret GC/GC-MS data
- Release the product in system on timely manner with high level of accuracy.
- Prepare and review analytical reports using in-house reporting tools and databases
- Document work, make recommendations and communicate effectively with manager, co-workers, and (internal) customers
- Coordinate and provide technical support whenever required (e.g., instrument troubleshooting) as an expert analytical chemist.
- Manage, maintain various documentation related to work
Possible Interview Questions & Answers:
- Can you describe your experience with GC and Mass spectrometry in a commercial or research lab? Answer: Yes, I have a Master’s degree in analytical chemistry and have worked with GC and Mass spectrometry for over 2 years in a commercial lab. My experience includes analyzing raw materials, intermediates, and finished products, conducting routine and non-routine analyses, maintaining and troubleshooting analytical equipment, and documenting test results accurately.
- How do you interpret GC/GC-MS data? Can you provide an example? Answer: To interpret GC/GC-MS data, I first examine the peaks on the chromatogram to identify the compounds present in the sample. Then, I compare the retention time and mass spectra of the peaks to a reference library to confirm the identity of the compounds. For example, if I see a peak at a retention time of 10.5 minutes with a mass spectrum that matches the reference library for caffeine, I would conclude that the sample contains caffeine.
- How do you ensure high levels of accuracy when releasing a product in the system? Answer: To ensure high levels of accuracy when releasing a product in the system, I follow the standard operating procedures for data entry and review the analytical reports before releasing the product. I also double-check the data for any errors or inconsistencies and communicate with my co-workers and manager if I have any concerns or questions.
- Can you describe your experience with coordinating and providing technical support as an expert analytical chemist? Answer: Yes, I have provided technical support to my colleagues in the lab and have managed various documentation related to my work. For example, I have trained new hires on the use of analytical equipment, troubleshooted instrument issues, and reviewed analytical reports for accuracy. I have also maintained detailed records of my work, made recommendations for process improvements, and communicated effectively with my co-workers and internal customers.
- How do you stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in analytical chemistry and related areas? Answer: To stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in analytical chemistry and related areas, I regularly read scientific journals, attend conferences and webinars, and participate in professional development opportunities. I also collaborate with my colleagues and seek out opportunities to learn from their expertise and experience.
Firmenich QC Job Looking for latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow Rasayanika Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more