AstraZeneca Clinical Trial Scientist Vacancy – Apply Online
AstraZeneca Hiring pharmacology candidates. Pharma candidates. Candidates with master’s degree in pharmacy may apply for the job vacancy at AstraZeneca for the post of Senior Scientist I, Clinical Trial Safety. Pharmacology job. Check out all the details
Job Title: Senior Scientist I, Clinical Trial Safety
Location: India – Bangalore
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Educational degree (BSc/Msc/PhD) in Life Science or equivalent work experience in directly related fields (preferably medicine, pharmacy, veterinary, biotechnology, nurse, dentist)
- Minimum two years of experience working on clinical studies and/or study safety methodology
- Understanding of the clinical study and drug development process
- Knowledge of ICH/GCP Guidelines
- Knowledge of SAE reporting requirements
- Quality focus, analytical skills, and ability to concisely summarize large amounts of complex information
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with conflicting deadlines
- Excellent time management
- Very good interpersonal and communication skills
- Great teammate, able to work individually
- Ability and willingness to work cross-functionally, e.g. with internal and external partners, on global studies, across different phases of drug development or different therapy areas
- Managing change and uncertainty for self
- Computer proficiency
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English
- Exhibit of AZ Values and Behaviours
- Experience using data review tools such as JReview, JMP Clinical, or Spotfire, EDC
- Ability review/analyze and interpret aggregated data
- Ability to develop advanced computer skills to increase efficiency in day to day tasks
- Experience in medical writing and/or producing patient narratives
About the team
We’re a team of leading specialists, driven to pursue scientific knowledge. And there’s no better place to learn – from the science, from each other and from our failures.
It’s a dual role as we work on both understanding our patients better and contributing to scientific research. We are always learning from people who live with the diseases our medicines treat. So we can make sure that great science born in the lab can make a real difference to their lives.
About the role
The Trial Safety Review Center (TRISARC) is a department in the Research and Development function of AstraZeneca.
The primary remit of the TRISARC is to review large amounts of clinical (mainly safety) data flowing through the clinical trial environment in order to ensure patient data is complete and medically accurate thus allowing study physicians and/or clinical(project) scientists to interpret medical/safety data efficiently.
The Senior Scientist I, Clinical Trial Safety works closely with the core and extended study teams at every stage of the clinical trial. During study set up they ensures well-defined standards are outlined and appropriate eCRF modules and Safety Monitoring agreements are in place. During the recruitment and maintenance phases of the clinical trial, they uses the Center’s data review tool to review and query important clinical/safety data within the scope agreed with Medical team and documented accordingly. The Senior Scientist I also prepares and facilitates meeting related to review of Study Level safety data. They supports study teams via writing patient narratives for qualifying events, if applicable.
- Ensure consistent processes and efficient review of critical clinical/safety data
- Review of patient-level clinical/safety data on an ongoing basis to ensure medical accuracy and completeness, coding consistency and generate applicable queries as needed to obtain information for appropriate medical assessment and case closure
- Prepare aggregated data visualization and facilitate meetings related to review of safety data on study level
- Contribute to study start-up activities according to the applicable process/procedures (ex. input to the applicable documents, tools set up)
- Serve as a member of the Extended Study Team and report on TRISARC deliverables
- Work with the study physicians and/or clinical/project scientists to support standardized high-level data review and medical evaluation
- Advance urgent and critical medical cases to the study physician/medical scientist as appropriate
- Provide input into the process of setting automated patient narratives, if applicable
- Provide input to establishing the process for handwritten patient narratives, including guideline development and the quality control process if applicable
- Lead quality of own deliverables
- Take on tasks as assigned by the Directors, Associate Directors Clinical Trial Safety
- Provide input into non-drug project work including training activities, continuous improvement and development of procedures as needed
Editors Note: AstraZeneca Clinical Trial Scientist Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.