Reliance Hiring Freshers – MSc Chemistry Research Assistant Post
Dont forget to check out possible interview questions for this job below
Reliance announces job opening for chemistry candidates. MSc Chemistry job opening 2023, MSc Research Assistant job opening 2023, Msc chemistry job opening 2023, Chemistry vacancy. Intrested and eligible candidates may check out all the details on our website Rasayanika.com.
Job Title: Research Assistant 
Function/Business Area :
Research & Development
Education Requirement :
MSc (preferable) in chemistry
Experience Requirement :
Fresh to 3 years in Industrial Chemical laboratory or QA/QC laboratory.
Skills & Competencies :
- Follow applicable HSE procedures/ practices in conducting experiments & ensure compliance by team members.
- Show higher level awareness of environmental, site, statutory, IP regulations and adherence to them
- Handle chemicals and tools as per safety norms while conducting experiments
- Understand MSDS of chemicals being handled in experiments and take adequate steps to mitigate hazards.
- Ensure safe working conditions in laboratory & pilot plant
- Ensure good housekeeping at work place
Job Responsibilities :
- Carry out assigned technical jobs of conducting experiments and upkeep of equipment/units laboratory/pilot plant and record data with diligence.
- Set up reactor assemblies /experimental set ups to carry out tests/experiments.
- Carry out preparation/synthesis of samples in lab scale.
- Doing structural, textural & mechanical testing/ characterization using relevant equipment such as XRD, Physisorption/chemisorption unit, TPD, microscopy, Thermal analyzer, IR/UV-Visible spectrometer, GC, HPLC etc.
- Upkeep of reactors & analytical instruments and usage log in laboratory/pilot plant
- Maintain record of spares / consumables lab and initiate procedure for replenishment
Important Interview Questions and Answers for the above job role:
- Can you tell us about your experience working in a chemical laboratory or a QA/QC laboratory?
Answer: As a fresh candidate, I have completed my MSc in Chemistry, and during my academic years, I have worked on various experiments in the lab. I am familiar with handling chemicals, tools, and equipment, adhering to safety norms and regulations. I am also aware of environmental and site regulations.
2. How do you ensure compliance with applicable HSE procedures/practices in conducting experiments?
Answer: I make sure to follow all the applicable HSE procedures/practices while conducting experiments and ensure that my team members do the same. I am aware of the potential hazards of chemicals and tools, and I take all the necessary steps to mitigate the risks.
3. Can you explain your experience with setting up reactor assemblies/experimental set-ups to carry out tests/experiments?
Answer: During my academic years, I have worked on various experimental setups, including setting up reactor assemblies. I am familiar with the process and can execute it with diligence.
4. How do you ensure good housekeeping at the workplace, particularly in the laboratory and pilot plant?
Answer: I understand the importance of good housekeeping in the laboratory and pilot plant to ensure safe working conditions. I make sure to clean up after each experiment and maintain good housekeeping practices by organizing equipment, tools, and consumables in their proper places.
5. Can you tell us about your experience with equipment such as XRD, Physisorption/chemisorption unit, TPD, microscopy, Thermal analyzer, IR/UV-Visible spectrometer, GC, HPLC, etc.?
Answer: During my academic years, I have used equipment such as XRD, Physisorption/chemisorption unit, TPD, microscopy, Thermal analyzer, IR/UV-Visible spectrometer, GC, HPLC, etc. I have experience in doing structural, textural, and mechanical testing/characterization using these equipment. Additionally, I have maintained the upkeep of reactors & analytical instruments and usage log in the laboratory/pilot plant.
Editors Note: Reliance Hiring Freshers Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.
During my academics I have worked a lot