IISER TVM 2-year MSc Program – August 2023
Applications are invited from highly motivated students for admission to 2-Year MSc programs at the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram (IISER TVM) in the Schools of Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics for the session starting from August 2023, i.e., Varsha 2023 semester.
Three or Four Year Bachelor’s degree in the Sciences/Engineering/Mathematics or other relevant disciplines with minimum 60% marks (or a CGPA of 6.5 in a 10 point scale) for general/general-EWS/OBC-NCL candidates and a minimum of 50% marks (or a CGPA of 5.5 in a 10 point scale) for SC/ST and PwD candidates. This eligibility criterion is common across all four disciplines.
Candidates with relevant background and interest satisfying the eligibility criterion will have to appear for an online, proctored screening test scheduled for May 13, 2023. The screening test will be held in English. Candidates shortlisted based on their performance in the screening test will be selected through interviews scheduled between 10th and 20th June 2023. The syllabi for screening tests and interviews in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics are given below.
Number of Seats
There will be 20 seats available in each Schoolfor the 2-year MSc program. Selections will follow all reservation norms of the government of India.
- The MSc program of IISER TVM is conceived to provide an immersive and flexible learning experience set in a vibrant research environment. Key highlights of the program include:
- Flexible syllabus with electives offered from second semester onwards.
- Carefully curated core courses with up-to-date content that give a comprehensive and in-depth introduction to the exciting frontiers of modern scientific research.
- Electives can be taken from any of the schools giving the program a strong interdisciplinary character.
- One and two credit modules/short courses integrated into the curriculum that can be taken either to as a refresher to background material or as stand-alone introductions to exciting new frontiers.
- Unique flexibility in choosing the duration of the MSc project ranging from one semester to a year depending on the interest and focus of each student.
- Challenging and diverse learning environment with courses run jointly with the institute’s existing BS-MS and Integrated-PhD programs and students joining from all over the country.
Online application portal open from 01 April 2023
Last date of receipt of applications 30 April 2023
Online screening test 13 May 2023
CHEMISTRY (10:30AM-1:00 PM)
10:30-11:00 AM- Verification
1:00-1:30 PM BREAK
1:30-2:00 PM- Verification
4:00-4:30 PM- Verification
Interviews in each school 10-20 June 2023
Publication of list of selected candidates As soon as possible
Last date for accepting offer of admission by paying prescribed fees 10 July 2023
Arrival on campus 30 July 2023General Information and Application Procedure
- Students appearing in the final year Bachelor degree examination are also eligible to apply. However, if selected, their admission will be subjected to fulfilling the minimum eligibility criteria for the individual school.
- Please go through the instructions carefully before filling up the application form.
- Applicants should complete the online application form at the following URL: http://appserv.iisertvm.ac.in/msc/
- will also be prompted to upload necessary supporting documents, like photograph, proof of date of birth, mark sheet/grade transcript, community certificate etc. in JPEG format only. Go to Required documents (URL:
http://appserv.iisertvm.ac.in/msc/assets/files/required_docs.pdf) for the information regarding the size of the files.
Candidates are required to make a payment of Rs. 1000/- [candidates belonging to SC/ST category should pay Rs 500/-] as a processing fee through
On submission of the online application form, the applicants will receive an acknowledgment email with an application number.
Applicants shortlisted based on the online screening test may be invited for online interview(s) at IISER TVM.
In case of any application related queries, please contact by email, addressed to the program coordinator [[email protected]]. Other modes of communication will not be entertained.
Candidates are required to apply through the online portal only. The online application portal will be open from 1st April 2023 at http://appserv.iisertvm.ac.in/msc/. Last date for receipt of applications is 30th April 2023.
Application Fees (non-refundable): Rs 1000/- for applicants belonging to General/OBC-NCL/general-EWS categories and Rs. 500/- for applicants belonging to SC/ST categories.
View Main Notification
Editors Note: IISER TVM 2-year Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.