IISER Tirupati Admission To Ph.D. Program – AUGUST 2023
IISER Tirupati invites applications from prospective candidates for admission to the Ph.D. program in August 2023. IISER Tirupati admits students in the disciplines of Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Earth and Climate Sciences, and associated interdisciplinary areas of research. In addition to research, the program involves coursework and teaching assistantships.
The department-specific eligibility criteria for August 2023 admissions are given below. Information about individual faculty profiles and areas of research can be obtained from the IISER Tirupati website.
In this round, the departments of Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, and Earth and Climate Sciences will admit Ph.D. students.
The broad areas of research, important dates, and eligibility criteria in each department are as follows:
Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Theoretical & Computational Chemistry, Physical & Materials Chemistry, Chemical biology and other Chemistry allied disciplines.
Visit the following website for further details:
- Students with minimum 55% marks in aggregate (overall percentage; with all subjects) or CGPA 6.0 on a 10-point scale in master’s degree in any branch of Science: Physics/Chemistry/ Mathematics/Biology or ME/M.Tech or any equivalent degree.
- Candidates with BE/B.Tech degree with minimum 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage; not only in majoring subject) or CGPA 6.5 on a 10-point scale can also apply.
- IISER BS-MS (All IISERs) Dual degree students with CGPA >= 8.0 are eligible without the essential eligibility criteria listed on the right column.
Essential Eligbility Criteria
Qualified for CSIR/UGC-LS/JRF/INSPIRE PhD Fellowships/GATE/Any other National Fellowships
- Opening date of online application: March 6, 2023
- Closing date of online application: April 3, 2023
- Announcement of candidates shortlisted for interview: April 20-25, 2023 (Tentative)
- Interview of shortlisted candidates: May 25-30, 2023 (Tentative)
- Announcement of interview results: June 10-15, 2023 (Tentative)
- Joining date for Ph.D. Program: August 1, 2023 (Tentative)
Preferably not more than 28 years at the time of joining. Age relaxation of 3 years will be given for OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) and 5 years for SC/ST/PWD/Female candidates as per GOI norms. Candidates belonging to the reserved category will have to submit relevant certificates, if selected. Relaxation may also be given whenever suitable candidates are not available, in exceptional circumstances.
Only online applications will be accepted. Applicants can submit their forms for the Chemistry discipline in the following link: https://form.jotform.com/230432361682451
- The shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview and the final selection is based on interview performance.
- TA/DA will be provided to the SC/ST/PD students appearing for the interview as per institute norms.
- Applying does not automatically guarantee that a candidate will be shortlisted for an interview.
- The respective departments may use additional criteria (based on academic performance and/or performance in the national level tests) to shortlist candidates for interviews.
Upon selection and subsequently joining the PhD program, candidates who do not possess any CSIR, DBT and INSPIRE, will be eligible for institute fellowship at par with CSIR, DBT etc., but without HRA and Contingency components.
All communication with candidates will be by email only.
Kindly check this website for periodic updates.
In case of any application-related specific queries, please get in touch with the respective departments with your application number mentioned in the subject at the following email addresses:
Editors Note: IISER Tirupati Admission To Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.