CSIR NIO BSc Chemistry Job Opening – Applications Invited
CSIR – National Institute of Oceanography, a constituent national laboratory of Council of Scientific & Industrial Research Institute (CSIR), invites applications from eligible candidates for recruitment of the following project staff, purely on a temporary contractual basis to carry out research work on the R&D project and to be engaged in NIO Head Quarters, Goa.
Project Title: Current Observations and Simulations in the Indian EEZ (COSINE)
Vacancy Code GAP3487/2374-22
Initial Tenure: 12 Months
Job Title: Project Assistant
BSc Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM)
Desirable Qualification & Job Requirement
Experience in analyses of physico-chemcial and biochemical parameters, collection of
biofilm samples, participation on oceanographic cruises and filed works, operation of
plankton nets, analyses of plankton biomass.Participation in oceanographic cruises of 25- 30 days duration (2-3 cruises per year), collection and analyses of samples and data
No.of posts: 01
Age: 50 Years
Salary: Rs.20000/- Plus HRA as per rules
*Upper Age Limit not exceeding as on the last date of receiving the applications i.e. 11 December 2022
* Tenure advertised is an initial tenure only. It may be extended subject to the project extension, funds availability and based on the satisfactoryperformance.
How To Apply:
Eligible candidates should email the scanned copies of the following documents to [email protected] latest by 11 December 2022. Applications received after the last date and without the below mandatory documents will be rejected.
- All the documents including application form to be made SINGLE PDF File in the following order and to be sent to the mentioned
email address. The complete fille should be saved with the candidate name and to be sent.
- Individual PDF files will not be considered.
(I) Scanned copy of the duly filled-in application form, given at the end of this advertisement. Followed by,
(II) Scanned copies of
a) CV/Bio Data with recent color photograph
b) Educational Qualification Certificate as mentioned in the advertisement essential qualification / Semester Mark sheet or Final Mark sheet is compulsory. Along with this, Degree Award Certificate or Provisional Award Certificate . Percentage or CGPA should clearly displayed on any one of the certificate. If certificate doesn’t have proper percentage / CGPA / Grade then the application may not be considered. The candidate must ensure to provide proper certificates to ensure their eligibility for the said positions.
c) Date of Birth Proof (Any valid certificate having DoB such as SSLC, HSC, DoB Certificate, etc)
d) Category certificate (in case of SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates). (If applicable)
e) NET/GATE/SET/Any other Equivalent exam qualification certificate (IF applicable)
f) Experience certificate (Mandatory for the posts where experience is essential qualification) and Other certificates, if any. Mode of Selection:
If number of applications are more, then selection committee will fix a criteria to shortlist the applicants. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview. Selection will be done on the basis of online interview through either Skype/Google Meet/Zoom or any other suitable software, as decided by the competent authority. Applications received after the due date will be rejected. The short-listed candidates will be informed through e-mail/website. The interview date will be communicated to the shortlisted candidates through email.
Terms and Conditions:
1. The engagement will be on purely temporary and contractual basis for the period mentioned in the advertisement. It is exclusively for the above
mentioned research work and the tenure shall be co-terminus with the project duration or till the completion of tenure whichever is earlier.
2. The engagement under this project does not confer any right/claim whatsoever either explicitly or implicitly on the appointee for regular appointments in CSIR-NIO/CSIR, against any post or otherwise under any legal conditions precedent. It would therefore, not confer any right/claim, implicit or explicit, on the part of the candidates for regularization/absorption against any post in CSIR/NIO or under any other scheme of CSIR.
3. Incase of candidates qualified with NET/GATE qualification, they may be considered for higher emoluments as per the DST regulations of project staffs,
subject to the approval of project funds and approval of competent authority.
4. Performance of the project staff would be reviewed periodically so that any one not found up to the mark, could be terminated with one month’s notice
or one month’s stipend in lieu thereof.
5. The date for determining the upper age limit, qualifications and/or experience shall be the closing date prescribed for submission of applications .
6. The period of experience in a discipline/area of work, wherever prescribed, should be in relevant area of work/field indicated against such position
which shall be counted after the date of acquiring the minimum essential educational qualifications prescribed for that position.
7. The students in the final semester and results awaited candidates are not eligible to apply and their applications will not be considered.
8. Stipend may be revised depending on the funding agency guidelines issued time to time.
9. Candidates should note that non-fulfillment of the eligibility criterion will result in cancellation of candidature at any stage.
10. Incomplete applications without proper format and without eligibility supporting documents will not be considered.
Editors Note: CSIR NIO BSc Chemistry job Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.