Shell Technology Hiring – MSc & PhD Candidates Apply
Shell Technology announces job opening for chemical engineering candidates. MSc Chemical engineering job opening 2022. Shell Technology job opening 2022. Process Engineer job opening 2022. Candidates with bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering may apply for the job at Shell
Job Title: AI Resident – Process Systems Modeling
Reference ID R84234
Elibgility Criteria & Experience
They are keen to hear from individuals with at least 5-6 years’ relevant research experience post Master’s or at least 2-3 years post PhD.
Furthermore, we would like to see the following skills and competencies:
- PhD or MS/M.Tech degree in Chemical/Computational Science/Energy science and engineering or similar discipline with a strong AI/ML, computational modeling background, specialization in process systems modeling and mathematical optimization.
- Candidates with experience in AI/ML and hybrid modeling techniques in Process Systems Engineering is must
- Deep knowledge of engineering areas: process systems engineering, optimization and control, process design and intensification, process integration, energy systems modeling, reaction kinetics, and thermodynamics.
- Relevant publications in an Internationally reputed journal and Conference Proceedings are an advantage.
- Expertise in coding with MATLAB, Python, C, and other Programming languages. Experience in using commercial process modeling tools like ASPEN Plus, Aveva, gPROMS, UNISIM, is an added plus.
- Sound understanding of Systems Engineering and Systems Thinking principles.
- A team player with good oral and written communication skills.
Your further responsibilities include:
- You will be responsible for independently carrying out R&D/Asset support projects in systems modeling covering many of the above technical areas, develop in-house codes as needed, running of Shell proprietary codes and relevant commercial tools.
- Reporting of the technical results and insights through reports and presentations that is actionable for the customer and supporting the customer in implementation of the solution.
- You will need to interface with stakeholders well within and outside Shell for bringing in problems worth solving from diverse lines of businesses, apply systems thinking to scope and develop required technology solutions, and finally deploy & replicate the solution with our internal and external customer to deliver commercial value.
- Execution of R&D programs in the field of systems modeling including tracking progress against milestones and agreed deliverables.
- You will need to keep an eye and leverage external trends to bring in cutting edge digital innovation in this space.
- Carrying out all activities with safety as the priority (Goal Zero).
What is the Role?
As an AI Resident – Process Systems Modeling, you will be accountable for executing R&D projects and providing advanced technical solutions by integrating Process Systems Engineering knowledge with AI/ML and Optimization. You are expected to contribute significantly to developing Hybrid/Surrogate models, Grey-box models, Physics Informed Neural Networks (PINNs), Reinforcement learning (RL) for process design, reduced order model from complex reaction network using ML/AI framework, process digital twins, and developing of future Autonomous Industrial Systems.
In this role, you will work as an individual contributor but would give immense opportunities to collaborate with various other R&D and engineering teams and businesses in Shell across the globe. A few of the opportunities would include GTL, XTL, LNG, Chemicals, H2, Electrification, selective downstream and upstream opportunities, and with external customers to provide decarbonization solutions for hard-to-abate sectors. This role reports to the Manager Systems modeling in Shell Technology Center Bengaluru.
Editors Note: Shell Technology Hiring Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.