BARC Online Exam OCES & DGFS 2022 Announced – Applications Invited
BARC Online Exam OCES & DGFS 2022– Chemistry Candidates Apply. Bhabha Atomic Research Centre Invite postgraduate Msc Chemistry candidates for the post of Scientific Officer. Msc Chemistry jobs @ Bhabha Atomic Research Centre Training Schools. Check out all the details on the same below:
Training Schemes and Employment Description
BARC Training Schools provide two Training Schemes to deserving candidates ambitious
of pursuing a rewarding career in Nuclear Science, Engineering and Technology and
a. who would relish challenges in frontier areas of Science & Technology,
b. who would like to be part of an expanding program of Nuclear Power / Research
Reactors, Accelerators and Nuclear Fuel Cycle Technologies, and
c. who would enjoy pursuing innovative research in frontier areas of Engineering,
Physics, Chemistry and Geology.
- They are called Orientation Course for Engineering Graduates and Science
Postgraduates (OCES) and DAE Graduate Fellowship Scheme for Engineering
Graduates and Physics Postgraduates (DGFS) respectively.
- Successful completion of the Training Schemes guarantees employment as Scientific Officer “C‟ in one of the DAE units or Atomic Energy Regulatory Board with attractive career progression opportunities up to the highest echelons. DAE strives to have a workforce that reflects gender balance and women candidates are encouraged to apply.
A. One-year Orientation Course for Engineering Graduates and Science Postgraduates for the academic year 2022-2023 (OCES-2022) will be conducted at the five BARC Training Schools situated at Mumbai, Kalpakkam, Indore and Hyderabad. Tables-1a & 1b list Eligible Disciplines for the OCES program. Table-2 lists the Eligible Disciplines and orientation of the Training Program at each of the Training Schools. A Trainee Scientific Officer (TSO), who scores a minimum of 50% aggregate marks on completion of the Training Program, is declared to have passed the course successfully. Successful TSOs will be posted as Scientific Officers in one of the following DAE units:
a.Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), Mumbai*
b. Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR), Kalpakkam
c. Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology (RRCAT), Indore
d.Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre (VECC), Kolkata
e. Heavy Water Board (HWB), Mumbai*
f. Nuclear Fuel Complex (NFC), Hyderabad*
g.Board of Radiation and Isotope Technology (BRIT), Mumbai*
h. Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd (NPCIL), Mumbai*
i. Bharatiya Nabhikiya Vidyut Nigam Ltd (BHAVINI), Kalpakkam*
j. Uranium Corporation of India Ltd (UCIL), Jaduguda*
k. Atomic Minerals Directorate for Exploration & Research (AMD), Hyderabad*
l. Directorate of Construction, Services & Estate Management (DCSEM),
- Allocation of a successful OCES TSO to a DAE unit is carried out based on the needs of DAE‟s programs and the TSO‟s performance in the OCES program. DAE reserves the right to place TSOs in any of its other units and the Atomic Energy Regulatory Board (AERB) also.
- Appointment in DAE units shall be as a “Group A” Gazetted Officer of the Government of India except in BHAVINI, NPCIL and UCIL which are governed by the service rules of Corporations.
- Trainee Scientific Officers in Engineering disciplines who successfully complete the Training Program and whose performance meets a minimum eligibility criterion are allowed to enroll for M.Tech. in Homi Bhabha National Institute (HBNI), a Deemed to be University. Those not desirous of pursuing M.Tech. are entitled to a Post-Graduate Diploma of HBNI provided their academic performance is above a specified threshold.
Stipend and Allowances during Training: OCES TSOs and DGFS Fellows are paid a stipend of ₹ 55,000 per month during the period of their training and a one-time book allowance of ₹ 18,000. DGFS Fellows are reimbursed the tuition fee for M.Tech. / M.Chem.Engineering and are additionally paid a one-time Contingency Grant of ₹ 25,000 to meet M.Tech. / M.Chem. Engineering project-related expenses. Boarding and Lodging in DAE Hostel are mandatory for OCES TSOs during the Training period. Boarding and lodging in DGFS Institute hostel are mandatory for DGFS Fellows during M. Tech. / M. Chem. Engineering program.
Selected candidates are required to execute an agreement and a Personal Indemnity Bond to serve DAE for at least three years after completion of Training. Indemnity Bond is ₹ 6,78,000 for OCES TSOs and ₹ 13,58,000 for DGFS Fellows***. No third-party surety is required.
***The Bond amount for DGFS Fellows pursuing M. Tech. / M. Chem. Engineering at certain DGFS Institutes may be different, depending on the tuition fee at the concerned Institute.
Selection to OCES/DGFS-2022 is a two-step process: Screening to short-list candidates followed by Selection Interviews of the short-listed candidates. There is a separate selection process for each of the disciplines listed in Tables-1a and 1b except for FRT-M (Code 30), FRT-E (Code 31), QA&QC (Code 32) and RSES (Code 44).
- FRT-M (Code 30) is an additional Training Scheme option available to applicants belonging to Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering (Codes 21 and 22).
- FRT-E (Code 31) is an additional Training Scheme option available to applicants belonging to Electrical Engineering or Electronics Engineering (Codes 24 and 25).
- QA&QC (Code 32) is an additional Training Scheme option available to applicants belonging to Mechanical Engineering or Metallurgical Engineering (Codes 21 and 23).
- RSES (Code 44) is an additional Training Scheme option to applicants belonging to Nuclear Engineering, Physics, and Chemistry disciplines(Codes 29, 41, and 42). There is no separate Training Scheme called „Nuclear Engineering (Code 29)‟ and selected candidates belonging to Nuclear Engineering (Code 29) will be allotted RSES (Code 44) or Mechanical (Code 21) or Chemical (Code 22) as their Training Schemes.
Candidates applying for OCES/DGFS-2022 may be considered for direct recruitment in Electronics Corporation of India Ltd. (ECIL) and Institute for Plasma Research (IPR). Such candidates will be governed by stipendiary norms of Electronics Corporation of India Ltd. (ECIL) and Institute of Plasma Research (IPR), and terms and service conditions of Electronics Corporation of India Ltd. (ECIL) and Institute of Plasma Research (IPR), Gandhinagar respectively on absorption.
- Selection Interviews of short-listed candidates will be conducted in Mumbai (in all disciplines except Geology) and Hyderabad (in Geology). Outstation applicants will be paid two-way normal AC-III tier train fare to attend Selection Interview, from their registered residential address, by shortest route or actual fare, whichever is less.
- Probable period of Selection Interviews is during June-July, 2022. Shortlisted candidates will be able to choose an Interview slot, based on availability, in April 2022. Alerts by email as well as SMS will be sent to all candidates who have been short-listed for Selection interviews on their registered email address and mobile number as well as announced on this website, prior to commencement of the Interview slot booking process.
- Candidates are advised to visit this website regularly for updates regarding this.
- Final Selection for the OCES/DGFS-2022 programs will be based solely on performance in Selection Interview, subject to medical fitness. A list of provisionally (subject to medical fitness) selected candidates will be displayed on this website in September 2022. The selected candidates will also be informed about their Selection by email and SMS.
- Candidates selected for OCES-2022, who have obtained admission for applicable M. Tech. / M. Chem. Engineering programs in DGFS Institutes and those who wish to be considered for DGFS, must provide details of their M.Tech. / M. Chem. Engineering admission by the third week of August 2022.
Qualifying Degrees and Other Academic Requirements for OCES/DGFS-2022
For Chemistry Discipline (Code CY (42)) (Table-1b):
i. M.Sc in Chemistry with Physics up to B.Sc or at subsidiary and/or ancillary level in case of 5-year integrated M.Sc and Mathematics at Std. XII or at B.Sc or at subsidiary and/or ancillary level in case of 5-year integrated M.Sc, with a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in M.Sc.
ii. All candidates (other than those applying with a 5-year integrated M.Sc degree) must additionally have a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in B.Sc.
iii. Applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE Score should have a valid GATE-2021 or GATE-2022 Score in “Chemistry‟.
iv. M.Sc in Nanoscience / Nanotechnology Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry, Applied Chemistry, Textile Chemistry, M. Sc in Environmental Chemistry, M. Pharm. in Pharmaceutical Analysis, M. Sc in Pharmaceutical Chemistry, M.Sc in Petroleum Chemistry are NOT eligible.
How to Apply
ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- Candidates have to fill up the Online Application form provided on this website.
- Candidates need to register through “Apply Online‟ link by providing essential
information like name, mother‟s name, date of birth, mobile no., e-mail ID and a preferred login ID. It may be noted that the details provided at this stage cannot be modified later on, and hence the candidates are advised to be careful in entering the details.
- Upon successful registration, the candidates can activate their account
through both the OTPs sent to their registered mobile number and registered email id
- Once the candidate‟s account is activated, he/she can subsequently log in multiple times through the “Candidate’s Login‟ link to fill in the Online Application form.
- While filling the form, the candidates are required to upload their recent passport-sized photograph (4.5 x 3.5cm) in JPG format (of size not more than 50 kb) and a scanned copy of their signature (2 x 4.5 cm, in JPG format with size not exceeding 20 kb).
- After filling in all the required details, the candidates who are required to pay
the Application Fee (₹ 500 plus applicable bank charges) may make Online payments using net banking/debit card/credit card. On clicking on the “Make Payment” button in the payment page, the candidate is taken to the SBI Payment Gateway through which they can pay the application fee using any of the payment modes listed above. If the payment is successful, the candidates can proceed to the final submission stage and complete their application. The candidates must make the payment of the Application Fee only once and no requests for refund of the Application Fee will be entertained from any
- Finally, the candidates need to submit the filled form. Please note that no modifications/alterations would be permitted in the application form after final submission. Hence the candidates are advised to verify the correctness and adequacy of the information filled by them before the final submission. It is to be noted that only applications where ‘Final Submission’ process has been completed before the last date will be considered valid applications.
Candidates have the following options available:
i. “Final Submission”- On clicking this button, the details of the candidate are submitted and a Registration Number is generated for the candidate.
ii. If the candidate wishes to do some modification before final submission, he I she is advised to click the “Home” link provided on the top of the page. However, it must be noted that the candidate must click the “Final Submission” button after the modification.
- A unique Registration Number will be generated for every candidate who has completed the Final Submission process, which must be used for all future correspondence.
- The candidates who wish to apply for screening on the basis of the GATE2022 Score are required to fill in their GATE details after the declaration of the GATE results, whereas those wishing to apply on the basis of a GATE-2021 Score must upload their GATE Score during the Application Process. Applicants with a GATE-2022 Score must register and fill in all details relevant to the admission process, prior to the declaration of GATE-2022 results, and before the last date (February 11, 2022 ) for the same. No new applications, on the basis of a GATE score or otherwise, will be accepted after February 11, 2022. Once the GATE 2022 results are declared, these candidates would be allowed to upload their GATE score and GATE marks on this portal for a limited period of time before April 13, 2022.
Important Dates ( All Dates are Tentative and Applicants must visit Online Application Portal regularly for updates )
|Publishing Print media Advertisement in Newspaper||Jan. 18, 2022|
|Commencement of Online Application Process for OCES/DGFS-2022||Jan. 17, 2022|
|Last date for Registration for Online Application||Feb. 21, 2022|
|Last date for Submission of Online Application||Feb. 21, 2022|
|Online Examination Slot Booking||March 4, 2022, to March 18, 2022|
|Online Examination||April 7, 2022, to April 13, 2022|
|Last date candidates to upload the GATE Score||April 13, 2022|
|Display of List of candidates short-listed for Interview on Online Application Portal||April 28, 2022|
|Availability based option on Online Application Portal to select Interview Slot for qualified candidates||April 30, 2022- May 4, 2022|
|Selection Interviews||June 14 –July 31, 2022|
|Display of List of Candidates finally selected for OCES-2022 on Online Application Portal||August 18, 2022|
|Last Date for Selected OCES-2022 Candidates desirous of DGFS to give details of M. Tech I M.Chem. Engineering admission in a DGFS institute||August 20, 2022|
|Declaration of List of Applicants Selected for DGFS-2022 on Online Application Portal||2 nd week of September 2022|
The Last Date To Submit the Online Application has been extended to 21st Feb 2022
Editors Note: BARC Online Exam OCES 2022, BARC Online Exam OCES , BARC Online Exam OCES 2022 announced, BARC Online Exam OCES online BARC Online Exam OCES Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.