BITS Pilani PhD Admission 2022 Session Announced – Applications Invited
Applications are invited for 2nd Semester admissions to the Ph.D. program (Full time and/or Part-time) starting January 2022 in Pilani, Goa, and Hyderabad campuses of BITS Pilani in the following Departments:
Department: Chemistry, Pharma & Chemical Engineering
Minimum eligibility criteria for admissions
- M.E./M.Tech./M.Pharm./MBA/M.Phil. or an equivalent degree with a minimum of 60% aggregate in the qualifying examination
- M.Sc./B.E./B.Pharm. or an equivalent degree with a minimum of 60% aggregate in the qualifying examination
- For admissions to Humanities and Social Sciences, candidates with an M.A. degree and a minimum of 55% aggregate may apply.
Meeting the minimum eligibility criteria does not guarantee admission into the Ph.D. program. In addition, Departments may set specific admission criteria for shortlisting. Shortlisted candidates will have to appear for an admission test, which may comprise of a written exam and/or interview. Candidates admitted with qualifications like M.Sc., B.E., B.Pharm. etc., will be required to do course work on admission to the program.
- Admission Portal Open 16th Oct 2021
- The last date for filling the application form online is 30th Nov 2021
- Declaration of shortlisted candidates (on BITS admission website) 10th Dec 2021
- Test/Interview 5th Jan 2022 Announcement of admission offers to Ph.D. Programs (on BITS admission website) 10th Jan 2022
- Reporting of selected students to respective campuses 17th Jan 2022
- Registration 18th Jan 2022
1. The Admission portal to apply online opens on 16th October 2021.
2. Interested and eligible candidates should apply through the prescribed application
form available online at https://www.bitsadmission.com/phdmain.aspx. A hard copy
of the application form is not required to be sent. Candidates are advised to take a
printout of the filled form and retain it for further reference.
3. Candidates will need to register online prior to filling the application form. A registered mobile number and email ID will be required to generate a username and password essential for filling the application form.
4. While filling the application form online, candidates are required to give preferences of the campus or campuses to which they wish to apply for. Please refer to Department openings with regard to Full and Part-time student admission prior to filling the application form.
5. The completed application form along with the prescribed application fee should be submitted online by the prescribed deadline. Detail on modes of Fee Payment will be available while applying online. Campus preference and priority cannot be changed once the application form is submitted.
6. Deadline for submission of the completed application form online is 5.00 P.M. on 30th November 2021.
7. A non-refundable application fee of Rs. 2600/- is payable at the time of
submission of the online form.
8. A candidate can submit only one application form for Ph.D. admission. However, if
a candidate discovers any mistake in the form to be submitted by him, there will be an edit option that will be made available before the final submission of the application form, which he/she can make use of to incorporate necessary changes. This option will be available only till the deadline for submission of the form, i.e. 5.00 P.M. on 30th November 2021.
9. Final decision on admitting of candidates to the Ph.D. program will be taken by
the Admission Committee and will be binding to all.
Written Test Details
A. Candidates shortlisted for test in any of the following Departments:
Chemistry will have to write two tests. Test-I will be common to all disciplines and Test-II will be discipline-specific.
The details of the tests are as follows:
Test-I question paper consists of 30 multiple-choice type questions pertaining to
General Science, Quantitative Reasoning & Analysis and Research Aptitude. The
duration of the Test – I will be 1 hr. Each correct answer will be awarded two marks. 0.5
marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
Test-II will be subject-based and will consist of 70 multiple-choice type questions
covering the prescribed syllabus of relevance to the candidate as given on Page 7.
The duration of Test – II will be 1 or 2 hrs. Each correct answer will be awarded two
marks. 0.5 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer. Candidates with M.Phil. / M.E. / M.Tech. or with National level fellowships like CSIR NET-JRF, DBT-JRF, UGC NET-JRF, etc. are exempted from taking the above test.
View Main Notification
Editors Note: BITS Pilani PhD Admission Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.