CSIR-CCMB Announces PhD Program 2022 – Applications Invited
Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad, invites applications from candidates who are Indian citizens, to pursue research in modern biology leading to a Ph.D. Degree. The projects offered for Ph.D. would be in the broad areas of Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Genomics, Developmental Biology, Plant Molecular Biology, Conservation Biology, Ecology, Protein Structure and Function, Biology of Macromolecules, Biology of Infection, Epigenetics, Chromatin Biology, and Bioinformatics.
A. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR APPLYING
• Candidates with a Master’s degree in any branch of science or a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Pharmacy/Medicine.
• Candidates in the final year of a qualifying degree program are also eligible to apply. However, if selected, their selection will be CONDITIONAL to completing the qualifying degree with the defined marks criteria, and they can only join the Ph.D. program with the August 2022 batch of Ph.D. students.
Candidates may submit their applications online by 31-10-2021 through this LINK: https://apply.registernow.in/CCMB/Phd22/
B. SELECTION PROCESS
1. Online applications will be screened and the eligible candidates will be informed about a computer-based test or a remote proctored online test to be held on 14th November.
2. Candidates qualifying the written test/other parameters and having a valid FELLOWSHIP for pursuing a Ph.D. will be shortlisted to appear for an online/in-person interview at the Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad in December.
A valid fellowship is an ABSOLUTE requirement for pursuing a Ph.D. at CCMB, and the eligible fellowships are:
• Any National level fellowship (JRF/SRF of CSIR, UGC, DBT, ICMR, etc.), DST-INSPIRE or
any other equivalent fellowship for pursuing a Ph.D.
• Candidates with a BE/B.Tech degree in Biotechnology or in any engineering discipline must have a GATE score of at least 85.0 percentile.
• B.Pharm degree candidates must have a GPAT score of at least 85.0 percentile.
• The fellowship MUST be valid till the time of joining (January/February 2022).
• Candidates with lecturer-ship only in CSIR-UGC (NET) examination or the
M.Sc/M.Tech/M. Pharm candidates with GATE/GPAT will not be shortlisted for interviews.
• Candidates will have to make their OWN arrangements for travel, stay, etc. at the examination center and/or in Hyderabad for interviews. Traveling allowance is not payable by CCMB.
• Mere fulfillment of the minimum requirements stipulated in the notification would not
automatically entitle a person for selection. The decision of CCMB in this regard shall be final. Canvassing in any form and/or bringing in any influence, political or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification.
• For inquiries, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Please check the website regularly for updates.
View Main Notification
Editors Note: CSIR-CCMB Announces PhD Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.