CSIR-CCMB Pharma PhD Program 2021 – Applications Invited
Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad, invites applications from candidates who are Indian citizens, to pursue research in modern biology leading to a PhD. Degree. The projects offered for PhD would be in the broad areas of Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Genomics, Developmental Biology, Plant Molecular Biology, Conservation Biology, Ecology, Protein Structure and Function, Biology of Macromolecules, Biology of
Infection, Epigenetics, Chromatin Biology and Bioinformatics.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR APPLYING
• Candidates with a Master’s degree in any branch of science or a Bachelor’s degree in
• Candidates in the final year of a qualifying degree program are also eligible to apply.
However, if selected, their selection will be CONDITIONAL to completing the qualifying degree with the defined marks criteria, and they can only join the PhD program with the August 2021 batch of PhD students.
How To Apply:
Candidates may submit their applications online by 13-11-2020 through this LINK:
1. Online applications will be screened and the eligible candidates may be called for a computer-based written test at one of their preferred centres among the 19 test centres across the country sometime in December.
2. Candidates qualifying the written test/other parameters and having a valid FELLOWSHIP for pursuing PhD will be shortlisted to appear for online/in-person interview at the Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad in December/January.
A valid fellowship is an ABSOLUTE requirement for pursuing PhD at CCMB, and the eligible
• Any National level fellowship (JRF/SRF of CSIR, UGC, DBT, ICMR, etc.), DST-INSPIRE or any other equivalent fellowship for pursuing PhD.
• Candidates with a BE/B. Tech degree in Biotechnology or in any engineering discipline must have a GATE score of at least 85.0 percentile.
• B.Pharm degree candidates must have a GPAT score of at least 85.0 percentile.
3. Candidates qualifying both preliminary and the final interview will be selected for pursuing a PhD at CCMB.
• The fellowship MUST be valid till the time of joining (January/February 2021).
• Candidates with lecturer-ship only in CSIR-UGC (NET) examination or the M.Sc/M.Tech/M. Pharm candidates with GATE/GPAT will not be shortlisted for interview.
• Candidates will have to make their OWN arrangements for travel, stay, etc. at the examination centre and/or in Hyderabad for interviews. Travelling allowance is not payable by CCMB.
• Mere fulfilment of the minimum requirements stipulated in the notification would not automatically entitle a person for selection. The decision of CCMB in this regard shall be final. Canvassing in any form and/or bringing in any influence, political or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification.
• For inquiries, contact: [email protected]
Last Date To Apply: 20-11-2020
View Main Notification
Editors Note: CSIR-CCMB Pharma PhD Subscribe to Rasayanika for latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Whatsapp and subscribe to our youtube channel for latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.