GATE Exam 2022 Official Notification Announced – Deadline & Eligibility
GATE Exam 2022. GATE Exam 2022 announced. GATE 2022 Official Notification, Application Date, Deadline & Eligibility. The official notification for the GATE 2022 Examination has been released. Official Notification announced. Check out all of the details on the same below:
Organizer: IIT Kharagpur
Description: GATE 2022
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an examination that primarily tests the comprehensive understanding of various undergraduate subjects in engineering and science for admission into the Master’s Program and Recruitment by some Public Sector Companies. GATE 2022 is conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur and six other Indian Institutes of Technology at Mumbai, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Chennai, Roorkee & Indian Institute of Science at Bengaluru on behalf of the National Coordination Board – GATE, The Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education (MoE), Government of India.
- GATE is a national examination jointly conducted by IISc Bangalore and seven IITs (Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras, Roorkee) under the aegis of the Ministry of Education (MoE), Government of India. GATE examination is a Computer Based Test.
- Qualifying in GATE examination is required for admission to Postgraduate Programs (Master’s and Doctoral) with Ministry of Education (MoE) and other Government Scholarships/Assistantships, subject to fulfilling the admission criteria of the admitting institutes.
- The GATE score is also used by some PSUs for their recruitment and by several other universities for their admission in India.
- GATE 2022 score will remain valid for THREE YEARS from the date of announcement of results.
IMPORTANT DATES RELATED TO GATE 2022
Given the pandemic situation, all the international centers have been canceled for GATE-2022. However, foreign Nationals can register and give their exam in any cities listed for GATE 2022.
|Online Application Process Opens (https://gate.iitkgp.ac.in )||Monday||30th August 2021|
|Closing Date of REGULAR online registration/ application process||Friday||24th September 2021|
|Closing Date of EXTENDED online registration/ application process||Friday||1st October 2021|
|Display of Defective Applications to rectify||Tuesday||26th October 2021|
|Last date for rectification of Applications||Tuesday||1st November 2021|
|Last Date for change of Category, Paper and Examination City (an additional fee will be applicable)||Friday||12th November 2021|
|Admit Card will be available for download||Monday||3rd January 2022|
|GATE 2022 Examination
Forenoon: 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon (Tentative)
Afternoon: 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM (Tentative)
|5th February 2022
6th February 2022
12th February 2022
13th February 2022
|Announcement of the Results in the Online Application Portal||Thursday||17th March 2022|
A candidate who is currently studying in the 3rd or higher year of any undergraduate degree program OR has already completed any government-approved degree program in Engineering / Technology / Architecture / Science / Commerce / Arts.
GATE 2022 Examination will be conducted in selected cities and towns in India.
Important Note: GATE is NOT an admission ensuring examination. Qualifying in the GATE examination does NOT guarantee admission/scholarship. Admission to any institute is fully dependent on the admitting institute’s criteria for educational qualification. Similarly, GATE qualification does not assure a Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) job. GATE committee is NOT liable for any legal obligations related to admission/job.
Important Points To Check out for GATE 2022
- Dates of examination: Saturday 5th, Sunday 6th, Saturday 12th, and Sunday 13th February 2022. There are two sessions (forenoon and afternoon) each day.
- Fully Computer Based Test (CBT).
- Two NEW subject papers are introduced:
i. Geomatics Engineering (GE)
ii. Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering (NM)
- Total number of subject papers: 29.
- All Test Papers of GATE 2022 examinations will be entire of objective type. The pattern of questions will include some Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), while the remaining questions may include Multiple Select Questions (MSQ) and/or Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions.
- ONE or TWO subject papers allowed. TWO Paper combinations have to be chosen from the given list of combinations of papers. The final allotment of TWO papers will still be subject to the availability of infrastructure and dates.
- There is NO age limit to appear for the GATE 2022 examination
How To Apply:
Applications will be accepted ONLINE only through GATE 2022 website (https://gate.iitkgp.ac.in). Even if a candidate is appearing for TWO papers, the candidate should fill in ONLY ONE application form.
- GATE 2022 scorecard will remain valid for THREE years from the date of announcement of results.
- Depending on the COVID-19 situation, the schedule of the GATE 2022 examination may change.
- Details are available at the official website: https://gate.iitkgp.ac.in
GATE 2022 PAPERS
GATE 2022 will be conducted for 29 papers. The table shows the list of papers with codes. Please click the link in Paper/Code to download the syllabus.
A candidate is allowed to appear either in ONE or UP TO TWO papers of the GATE 2022 examination. However, a candidate is only allowed to select the second paper from the pre-defined Two Paper Combination list.
|XE Paper Sections||Code||XH Paper Sections||Code||XL Paper Sections||Code|
|Engineering Mathematics (Compulsory)
|A||Reasoning and Comprehension (Compulsory)
|Any TWO optional Sections
(2×35 = 70 marks)
|Any ONE optional Section
|Any TWO optional Sections
(2×30 = 60 marks)
|Polymer Science and Engineering||F||Psychology||C5||Food Technology||U|
|Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences||H|
Multi-sessional papers: The candidate will be assigned to appear only in one of the sessions for the papers running in multiple sessions.
Each GATE 2022 paper is for total of 100 marks, General Aptitude (GA) is common for all papers (15 marks) and the rest of the paper covers the respective syllabus (85 marks). Click here for detailed Pattern of the Question Papers.
Candidates must familiarize themselves with the paper code as it is required both during application and examination.
A candidate appearing in ONE or TWO Papers should fill ONLY ONE application form. In case of Multiple applications, only one will be accepted and remaining applications will be rejected without any refund for the paid fee.
- Application for GATE 2022 must be submitted ONLINE website (https://gate.iitkgp.ac.in) by paying the necessary application fees. The photograph, signature, category certificate (SC / ST / PwD) and/or Dyslexic certificate, wherever applicable, must be uploaded during the online application. Candidates MUST enter the valid photo identity (ID) number specified in any one of the following IDs: Aadhaar-UID (preferable), Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID and Driving License.
- The candidates who do not possess any of these identity cards may please procure any one of them before making the application. Candidate MUST produce the SAME original valid photo ID proof during the examination for verification purposes. In the absence of the SAME original valid photo ID proof, the candidate will NOT be allowed to appear for the GATE 2022 examination.
GATE 2022 Examination Cities
Table 4.4 gives a tentative list of the cities (zone-wise) in which the GATE 2022 examination is planned to be held. Also given in the table are the details of the Zonal GATE Offices.
Choice of Examination City: A candidate can choose THREE cities from the list of examination cities given in Table 4.4. All three choices must be from the same GATE 2022 zone.
If a candidate chooses a particular city (in a particular zone) as the first choice, then he/she will be able to choose the city of second and third choices ONLY from the same zone. Note that, because of the operational constraints, the GATE Committee reserves the right to add a new city or remove an existing one, and allot a city that may not be from any of the choices selected by the candidate.
GATE 2022 Application Fee
Details of the application fee per candidate per paper are given in Table 4.5. The application fee is NEITHER refundable (except for the condition in the note above Table 4.3) NOR transferable. Payments have to be made online by using either net banking/debit card/credit card/wallet. As per the prevailing norms, additional online transaction charges or bank charges may be applicable. These charges will be specified on the payment portal.
Details of Application Fee for GATE 2022 (Per Subject Paper)
|For Examination Centres in India||Regular Period
(30th August to
24th Sept. 2021)
(25th Sep. to 1
|Female candidates (per paper)||₹ 750||₹ 1250|
|SC / ST / PwD* category candidates (per paper)||₹ 750||₹ 1250|
|All other candidates (per paper)||₹ 1500||₹ 2000|
This is a tentative list of examination cities, and any change will be updated on the website.
Choice of Examination City:
A candidate can choose THREE cities from the list of examination cities given above. All the three choices must be from the same GATE 2022 zone.
GATE 2022 reserves the right to add a new city or remove an existing one and allot a city that may not be from any of the choices selected by the candidate.
View Main Notification