IISER TVM PhD Admissions January 2021 – Chemical Science
Applications are invited from highly motivated students for admission to the PhD programme of Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram (IISER TVM) in the Schools of Biological (SoB), Chemical (SoC), and Physical (SoP) Sciences for the session starting from January 2021, i.e., Vasanth 2021 semester. Candidates are required to apply through the online portal only.
The online application portal will be open from 01/11/2020 at http://appserv.iisertvm.ac.in/phd/
- 7.5 CGPA in 10-point scale (or first-class equivalent) or first-class Master’s degree in relevant areas as declared by the respective University.
BE/BTech degree in relevant areas is admissible for selected research areas in the School of Physics (see Research Areas)
- The candidate must have qualified either of the following examinations: CSIR-UGC, UGC-NET JRF and GATE with validity as of January 2021. Candidates with DST-INSPIRE fellowship or fellowship through any other national-level examinations as mentioned below.
- Synthetic Methods for Organic Synthesis, Asymmetric Catalysis, and C-H
- Materials Chemistry / Energy Storage -Batteries-Supercapacitors / Porous Materials-Gas Separation-Membranes / Luminescent MOFs
- Sustainable Organic Synthesis: Transition Metal-based Organometallic Catalysis, Photocatalysis, Metal-Free Coupling Reactions
- Macrocycles/Planar Antiaromatic Cyclic Systems/ Extended pi-Conjugated Systems / Near-Infrared Dyes
- Photochemistry and Photophysics and Light-Matters Interaction at Nanoscale, time-resolved Spectroscopy
- Supramolecular chemistry, Organic Synthesis, Medicinal Chemistry
- Ultrafast Spectroscopy, Photochemistry and Photophysics, Crystal Engineering
- Electrocatalysis, Kinetic and mechanistic study of the electrochemical reduction of oxygen in PEM fuel cells
- Asymmetric Total Synthesis, Asymmetric Catalysis, Development of New Methodologies and Medicinal Chemistry
- Asymmetric Catalysis and Cross-Coupling Reactions
- Supramolecular Chemistry: Host-guest chemistry, molecular switches and machines, and out of equilibrium self-assembly; Supramolecular catalysis
- Metal nanocluster, Cluster-assembled materials, inorganic-organic hybrid materials and their energy-related applications
- Organic Synthesis Driven by Photoredox Catalysis, Metallo-photoredox Catalysis
Theoretical and computational chemistry
The shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend a written test/interview at IISER TVM. The final selection of the candidates will solely be based on the performance in the interview.
In the School of Biology, there will be two rounds of interviews. In case of a high turnout of candidates, an entrance exam will be conducted (based on Master’s-level Biology questions for 70% marks and 12th-level Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry questions for 30%) on the first day of interviews.
- Online application portal opened from 01/11/2020
- Last date for receipt of online applications 20/11/2020
- Tentative Interview Dates
Chemical Sciences 10 – 11 December 2020
- Reporting time for all candidates 8.30 AM on the first day of the interview
- IISER TVM, Vithura Campus
OR Online Mode
NB: Hostel accommodation will be available in the campus for candidates only on request in advance if physical presence is mandatory.
- Applicants should complete the online application form at the url: http://appserv.iisertvm.ac.in/phd
- Only applications complete in all respects would be considered. Do not forget to click the “Submit” button after completing your application.
- Applicants will also be prompted to upload all the supporting documents online.
- Applicants should provide Name/Affiliation/Contact number and Email addresses of two referees in the application form.
- Applicants belonging to GE/OBC and SC/ST/PH categories are required to make a payment of Rs. 500/- and Rs. 250/-, respectively, as a processing fee online at: https://www.onlinesbi.sbi/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm
- On submission of the online application form, the applicants will receive an acknowledgement email with a unique application number.
- Applicants are NOT required to post a hard copy of the application to IISER TVM.
- In case of any application-related queries, please contact the Ph.D. coordinator by email at: [email protected]. Any other mode of communication will not be entertained.
Mere fulfilment of the eligibility criteria does not entitle a candidate to be called for the written test and/or interview.
Editors Note: IISER TVM PhD Admissions Subscribe to Rasayanika for latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Whatsapp and subscribe to our youtube channel for latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.