NISER Chemical Science PhD Program Admission 2020-2021
Applications are invited from Indian citizens for admission to PhD program scheduled to
commence from 28 July 2020 in the following schools of NISER, Bhubaneswar. NISER PhD Program Admission 2020-2021 (Summer Session). Interested applicants can check details on the eligibility criteria, courses offered, application procedure
Department: Chemical Science
Eligibility: 60% or equivalent GPA in Masters in Chemistry or allied Chemistry fields. Student with Master’s degree in any branches of Basic Sciences with an undergraduate degree in Chemistry (or chemistry as one of the subjects) or M.Tech in applied Chemistry or Computer Sciences with interest in pursuing a career in Chemistry are also encouraged to apply.
School of Chemical Sciences -Candidates should have qualified at least one of these
National Level Examinations i.e. CSIR-UGC NET (LS or JRF)/ GATE valid for the academic
the year 2020-2021
1. The institute fellowship given by NISER is `31,000/- for first two years, which will
subsequently be enhanced to `35,000/- for remaining three years, subject to the
condition that he/she fulfils all the requirements of the Institute that will be stipulated
from time to time.
2. Students with an external fellowship from agencies viz. CSIR, UGC etc will be eligible to
draw fellowship as per the extant rules of the respective funding agencies.
- The selection committee of the respective schools will short-list the candidates among
those who meet the minimum educational qualifications and satisfy additional criteria
which each school may set as deemed necessary.
- The short-listed candidates will be called for an interview, supplemented by a written
test, if necessary, for the admission.
- Based on the academic record and the performance of the candidates in the selection
process, the selection committee of the school will recommend candidates to the
Chairman, Academic Council for admission to the PhD program.
- All candidates called for the Test / Interview will be paid to and fro single, second sleeper class railway fare by the shortest route from their place of residence to the
Institute. They have to produce evidence (railway ticket) in support of their claim.
How to Apply
- The application form has to be filled up online at http://www.niser.ac.in and candidates
should follow stepwise instructions mentioned to complete the application submission
process. At the time of application, along with this online form, the candidate should
upload soft copy of the supporting documents as per the eligibility criteria.
- Candidates intending to apply for more than one school should fill up separate online
application forms for each school with appropriate supporting documents.
- Two sealed letters of reference in the prescribed format with the signature of the referee on the envelope should be produced by the student at the time of interview. The copy of
the reference letter is available online.
- NISER does not demand any application fee from the candidates who apply for PhD
- The online application will be activated on – 01.03.2019 (Sunday)
- The last date for filling up online application –
31.03.2020 (Tuesday)extended till 19 Apr 2020
- List of short-listed candidates will be uploaded on NISER website latest by – School of Chemical Sciences – 15.04.2020 (Wednesday)
- Tentative dates for test/interview will be as follows:
School of Chemical Sciences: 13.05.2020 – 15.05.2020
- Each school will send the call letters to the candidates separately. Kindly refer to this Site for the announcement of their chosen candidates.
- The registration is scheduled to be held on 24th July 2020 (Friday).
- In Case You Have any Additional query, kindly send an email to [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected],[email protected], [email protected] for Chemical Sciences, Computer Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Mathematical Sciences and Physical Sciences respectively.
- Applicants are encouraged to visit the school web page to learn more about research activities.
View Main Notification
Editor’s Note: NISER Chemical Science PhD Subscribe to Rasayanika for latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Whatsapp and subscribe to our youtube channel for latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.