IISERB Technical Assistant Job Vacancy – Application Details
IISERB Technical Assistant Job IISERB Bhopal TA Job Applications are invited from Indian nationals for the post of Research Fellow in a SERB funded research project. Interested and Eligible candidates may apply online. Check out all the details on Rasayanika.com
Applications are invited from Indian nationals for the posts of “Technical Assistant” for a
the research project entitled ”National Carbonaceous Aerosols Programme COALESCE:
CarbOnaceous AerosoL Emissions, Source apportionment and ClimatE impacts” funded by
Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Government of India. The project is
organized around a three-tier structure involving 17 Institutions with IISER Bhopal as an
Name of the post: Technical Assistant
Number of posts: 02
Nature and Duration: Initially for 1 year, extendable upon satisfactory performance.
Salary: Rs. 21,000 pm + HRA
- MSc in Environmental Science, Chemistry, Earth Science, Atmospheric Science or
- BSc in Environmental Science, Chemistry or equivalent with 2years of experience.
- The candidate should preferably have a fundamental knowledge of atmospheric aerosols,
specifically aerosol chemistry, its chemical analysis methods and optical characteristics.
- Experience in method development, operation and maintenance of any of the following
instruments (preferably for aerosol samples) is mandatory
- Energy Dispersive X-ray Fluorescence (ED-XRF) Spectrometer
- Ion Chromatography (IC)
- Inductively Coupled Plasma Optical Emission Spectroscopy (ICP-OES)
- Thermal Desorption Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectroscopy (TD- GC-MS)
- Thermal Optical Organic Carbon/Elemental Carbon (TOT/TOR OC/EC) Analyzer
● This position will be centered on aerosol field sampling, chemical analysis and field
● Prior experience in operating field instruments such as particulate matter air sampler,
nephelometer, aethelometer, optical particle counter are highly desirable.
● The position requires excellent English communication (oral and written) skills.
- Performing aerosol chemical analyses (EDXRF/IC/ICP-OES/TOR OC/EC/ TD-GC-MS)
including sample preparation
- Maintaining instrument log, audit and data records
- Day-to-day maintenance of instruments
- Preparing Quality Assurance/Quality Control summary
- Preparing chemical analyses technical reports for integration with quarterly and annual
- Conducting field surveys on residential households, brick kilns, open field burning in
rural areas and vehicular surveys in urban areas
- This appointment is for a time bound project and the candidates are required to work for the successful completion of the project.
Procedure to submit applications:
Applications are to be made (electronic copy or hard copy) by submitting curriculum vitae (CV) (in accordance with the appended format) along with a statement of purpose. The application should including a passport-sized photograph and at least two letters of recommendation. Completed applications should preferably reach the undersigned by March 05, 2020, by e-mail (preferably) or post.
However, application deadline may be extended for exceptionally qualified candidates and positions will remain open until filled. Further, the selection committee may offer lower or higher designation and lower or higher salary depending upon the experience
and performance of the candidate in the interview.
Last Date To Apply: 5th March 2020
View Main Notification
Editor’s Note: Subscribe to Rasayanika for latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Whatsapp and subscribe to our youtube channel for latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.