IISER Berhampur PhD Admissions 2020 – Application Details
IISER Berhampur PhD Admissions Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Berhampur invites applications from highly motivated students for admission to the PhD programme starting from January 2020. Currently, IISER Berhampur offers PhD programme in Chemical Sciences, disciplines. Check out all the details on the same below:
Broad Area Of Research:
Main Group, Organometallic Chemistry, Small Molecule Activation, and Homogeneous Catalysis. Computational, Material, and Physical Chemistry. Organometallic Chemistry, Homogeneous catalysis and organic synthesis, Mechanism Study of Metal-catalyzed reactions, Binding and Activation of Small Molecules, Renewable Energy. Synthetic Organic Chemistry, Biological Inorganic Chemistry, Coordination Chemistry, Drug-Repurposing and Repositioning, Supramolecular self-assemblies, Biodegradable Polymers, Drug Design and Delivery, Nanomedicine, Bio/Nano Sensors. Luminescent nanomaterials, Artificial light-harvesting, Photocatalytic solar water splitting and CO2 photoreduction for renewable energy research. Catalysis: Transition Metal Catalysis & Organocatalysis.,Asymmetric Synthesis, Synthesis of Natural Products & Biologically Active Compounds. Total Synthesis of Natural Products, Enantioselective Catalysis
- Students with a Master’s degree or equivalent in Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics OR in any relevant interdisciplinary area closely related to the mainstream are encouraged to apply for the Ph.D. programme.
- Ph.D. students must successfully complete course work, qualifying examination, seminars, and a dissertation. Besides the mandatory requirements, students are encouraged to participate in several professional activities such as workshops, review meetings and conferences. All doctoral students are also expected to participate in the undergraduate teaching programme of the Institute as a part of their training.
- M.Sc./M.Tech. Degree in the relevant discipline with a minimum of 60% marks or CGPA/CPI of 7.0 on a 10 point scale. (Overall percentage/CGPA/CPI; not only in majoring subject)
- If the transcript/grade sheet issued by the Institute/University reports:
Only marks, percentage will be considered.
- Only grades, CGPA/CPI will be considered. If CGPA/CPI is reported on any scale other than 10 (eg. 4 point/ 8 point scale), an equivalent CGPA/CPI will be calculated as per the following formula: CGPA/CPI in a 10 point scale = (CGPA/CPI Obtained×10)/PS
PS = Point scale used by the Institute/University. Both marks and CGPA/CPI
- Percentage equivalent of CGPA/CPI, as indicated on the transcript/gradesheet, will be considered, if absolute grading was followed.
- CGPA/CPI ONLY will be considered, if relative grading was followed.
- Additionally, a National level examination like National Eligibility Test (NET)/GATE/UGC-JRF/CSIR-JRF/JEST/JGEEBILS/ICMR/INSPIRE-PhD/NET-LS/Rajiv Gandhi Fellowship or any other recognized score is mandatory. The certificate/fellowship MUST be valid at the time of admission
Or BS-MS Dual Degree graduates of IISERs and B.Tech graduates of IITs with CPI >=8. Students whose results for CSIR-UGC NET Fellowship or INSPIRE-PhD or any other equivalent fellowship are awaited may also apply with their roll number(s) mentioned in the application. Such candidates may walk-in for the interview provided they have qualified examination for any of the above fellowship before the interview date. Such candidates will not be sent a call letter for the interview. However, they should write to the head of the department, Department of Chemistry at [email protected] (with a CC to [email protected]) and inform if they will attend the interview.
- Candidates who are appearing or are about to appear for final examinations of the qualifying degree programme are eligible to apply for Ph.D. programme. However, if selected, admission to the Ph.D. programme would be conditional upon their completing the qualifying degree with the defined marks criteria.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, will be allowed for candidates belonging to SC/ST/PD categories.
Mere fulfilling the eligibility criterion does not entitle a candidate to be called for the test and interview.
Please note that the precise eligibility criteria for January 2020 admissions may vary from department to department. A glimpse of the research areas open for admission and admission criteria are provided on the admission webpage and further information about individual faculty profiles and areas of research can be obtained from the IISER Berhampur website. Prospective students satisfying the eligibility criteria are encouraged to acquaint themselves with the research areas of our faculty members for a suitable match of interest.
- All communication with candidates will be done by e-mail only.
- Kindly check this website for periodic updates.
- Candidates who are appearing or are about to appear for final examinations of the qualifying degree programme are eligible to apply for Ph.D. programme. However, if selected, admission to the Ph.D. programme would be conditional upon their completing the qualifying degree with the defined marks criteria, before December 31, 2019.
- Selection will be based on interviews of the short-listed candidates. Shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview. Date of interview will be communicated to shortlisted candidates by e-mail and the same will be available on the Institute website. TA will be paid to SC/ST candidates appearing for the interview as per Govt. of India norms.
- Reservation will be applied according to Govt. of India norms. Relaxation of eligibility criteria for SC/ST and PD applicants will be as per Government of India norms. Candidates belonging to reserved category will have to submit relevant certificates, if selected.
- Applying does not automatically guarantee that a candidate will be shortlisted for interview. The respective departments may use additional criteria (based on academic performance and/or performance in the national level tests) in order to shortlist candidates for interviews depending on the number of applications received.
- Applicant’s age should not exceed more than 28 years at the time of joining. Age relaxation of 3 years will be given for OBC (Non Creamy Layer) and 5 years for SC/ST/PD/Female applicants.
- All selected candidates will be eligible for either Institute fellowship of Rs. 31,000/- per month or fellowship as per the norms of the funding agency, in vogue, subject to satisfactory performance in their course work.
Start Date of receiving applications October 05, 2019
Closing Date of receiving applications November 05, 2019
Interview dates (Tentative) November 26, 2019 – December 06, 2019
View Main Notification
Editor’s Note: IISER Berhampur PhD Admissions, Admission 2020, Chemistry admissions 2020. Follow us on Facebook for the latest updates. Subscribe to Rasayanika for latest chemistry and Pharma job openings.