IIT Roorkee Ph.D. Admission for Autumn Semester 2019-20
IIT Roorkee – Department of Chemistry encourages MSc chemistry candidates, to apply for a Ph.D. Programme. Ph.D. chemistry Admission at IIT Roorkee. IIT Roorkee Ph.D. admission 2019 MSc candidates can apply according to the details given below:
- M.Sc. or equivalent degree in Chemistry
- Master’s degree with minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 6.0 on a 10
point scale, or 60% marks for the General and OBC category. However, candidates with M.Sc must, in addition, have either a valid GATE score or must have qualified JRF /
- For candidates other than Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTIs), B.Tech / B.Pharm degree or equivalent with a valid GATE / GPAT score and a minimum CGPA of
7.50 on a 10 point scale or 75% marks, irrespective of the category. For graduates from CFTIs, the minimum CGPA requirement is relaxed to 7.0 on a 10 point scale or 70% marks.
- GATE / GPAT / JRF / NET, if applicable, shall be valid at the time of registration.
About Doctoral Research:
Keeping in view the long tradition of academic excellence, the following institutional goals have been laid for
- To develop deep and broad understanding of fundamentals and state of the art of knowledge in the chosen field through courses and self-study,
- To develop synergy between creativity, innovation and the frontiers of knowledge in the chosen field of study,
- To develop ability and skills to carry out independent research and development to face the challenges posed to mankind on specific problems, and
- To develop abilities to identify new possibilities in the given Indian social context and to
undertake research and development through one’s own initiatives.\
- The Degree of Doctor of philosophy is granted for research work in areas recognized by the Academic Departments / Centres of the Institute. The research work shall be an original work characterized either by the discovery of facts, or by a fresh approach towards the interpretation and application of facts, or development of equipment making a distinct advancement in instrument technology.
- It shall evince thec andidate’s capacity for critical examination and sound judgment and shall represent original 2 contribution to the existing knowledge. The Institute is also recognized as one of the centers in the country for Ph.D. programmes under QIP.
- Facilities for enrolling for the Ph.D. programme as a part time candidate are also available.
- The prescribed qualifications and experience are the minimum required and the mere fact that a candidate possesses the same will not entitle him/her for being called for an interview.
- Departments / Centres of the Institute reserve the right to restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable number, on the basis of qualifications and/or experience.
- Provision exists to apply in one or more departments / centers. Accordingly, a candidate can submit his/her application in one or more departments through single online application.
- All entries should be carefully made while applying online. IIT Roorkee will not be responsible for wrong entries. Candidates shall be sole responsible for the correctness and authenticity of the information / documents provided in the online application.
- Eligibility of candidate with regard to qualification & experience shall be calculated / considered with reference to last date of the online application.
- Online application submitted by the candidates shall be considered final and binding. Requests for making correction in the online application shall not be entertained.
- Online application found incomplete in any form will be summarily rejected. No correspondence / communication will be entertained in this regard.
- The last date for submission of online application shall not be extended. Accordingly, no request shall be entertained for accepting the application after the last date. IIT Roorkee will not be responsible for technical error while making the online application / payment of fee. Therefore, candidates are advised to submit their application well in advance without waiting until the last date.
- Online applications will be scrutinized, relevant documents checked / verified for their authenticity.
- Admission will be offered subject to availability of seats, faculty in the Specialization and the Institute Assistantship.
- Students shall be governed by ordinance/ regulations in vogue.
- The Institute has the right to cancel, at any stage, the admission for the candidate who is found admitted to a course to which he/she is not entitled, being unqualified or ineligible in accordance with the statues and regulations in force.
- Disputes if any, arising out of or relating to any matter whatsoever, concerning the aforesaid shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of Roorkee Court.
- The Institute reserves the right to verify the antecedents or documents submitted by the candidate at any time during their period of study. In case it is found that the documents submitted by the candidate are not genuine, then his/her admission shall be terminated, and disciplinary/criminal proceedings will be initiated.
- Merely applying for / being shortlisted / appearing for the interview / written test / or subsequent processes do not imply that a candidate will necessarily be offered admission in IITR. No request for considering the candidature other than in which applied will be entertained.
- Candidates are advised to fill their correct and active e-mail addresses in the online application as all correspondence will be made by the Institute through e-mail only. Test/Interview schedule will be emailed in due course to the candidates in their registered e-mail. No separate letter (Hard copy) will be sent for this purpose. Further, for any updates, please visit the Institute website regularly, for subsequent amendments in the advertisement and results.
- The candidates should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions as specified. Their admission will be purely provisional subject to confirmation that they satisfy the prescribed eligibility conditions. Mere issue of call letters to the candidates will not imply that his/her candidature has been found eligible.
- After joining, Hostel and mess facilities will be provided as per the availability.
1. Application Fee per department (non-refundable): Rs. 200/- for General/Economically
Weaker Sections (EWS)/OBC category and Rs. 100/- for SC/ST/PD category candidate. The
candidates can deposit the requisite application fee by using net banking or debit/credit card facilities. Additional charges will be applicable as per the rule of the concerned bank. The Fee will not be accepted through any other mode.
2. If candidate opts for more than one department/center, then application fee should be paid in accordance to the number of department/center.
Last Date for submission of Online application: March 25, 2019 (5:00 p.m.)
View Main Notification