IISER TIRUPATI ADMISSION TO PHD PROGRAM – August 2019
IISER Tirupati invites applications from prospective candidates for admission to the Ph.D. programme, August 2019. IISER Tirupati admits students in the disciplines of chemistry and associated interdisciplinary areas of research may apply for the admission. In addition to research, the programme involves coursework and teaching assistantship. Check out all the details on the same below:
Students with minimum 55% marks in aggregate (overall percentage; with all subjects) or CGPA 6.0 on a 10-point scale in master’s degree in any branch of Science: Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics/Biology or M.E/ M.Tech or any equivalent degree.
Candidates with BE/B. Tech degree with minimum 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage; not only in the majoring subject) or CGPA 6.5 on a 10-point scale can also apply.
The candidate MUST have:
a. Qualified at least ONE of the above mentioned additional eligibility criteria
b. A valid CSIR/UGC-JRF or CSIR/UGC NET-LS(Date of examination should be December 2016 or later) or INSPIRE-Ph.D. fellowship
c. IISER BS-MS (All IISERs) Dual degree students having CGPA >= 8.0.
- The fellowships/scores/ranks must be valid at least till August 2019. Please note that the admission criteria can change during the next round of admission.
- SC/ST, PD and KM candidates percentage may be relaxed with 5% or 0.5 in case of CGPA.
- Candidates in the final year of their qualifying degree are also eligible to apply. However, their final selection is subject to their successful completion of the qualifying degree with the above-mentioned requirements at the time of admission. A provisional degree certificate is mandatory at the time of admission (Scheduled to be 1st August 2019).
- Candidates who have qualified no other national level examination but have just appeared for CSIR-NET (Dec 2018 session) are eligible to apply now. Screening and Selection interview of such candidates will be subject to qualifying the CSIR- NET.
- The shortlisted candidates will be called for interview and final selection is based on interview performance.
- TA/DA will be provided to the SC/ST/PD students appearing for the interview as per institute norms.
- Applying does not automatically guarantee that a candidate will be shortlisted for interview. The respective departments may use additional criteria (based on academic performance and/or performance in the national level tests) to shortlist candidates for interviews.
Upon selection and subsequently joining the Ph.D program, candidates who do not possess any CSIR, DBT and INSPIRE, will be eligible for institute fellowship at par with CSIR, DBT etc., but without HRA component.
All communication with candidates will be by email only.
Kindly check this website for periodic updates.
In case of any application-related specific queries, please contact the respective departments with your application number mentioned in the subject at the following email addresses
Preferably not more than 28 yrs at the time of joining. Age relaxation of 3yrs will be given for OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) and 5 years for SC/ST/PD/Female candidates. Candidates belonging to reserved category will have to submit relevant certificates, if selected. Relaxation may also be given whenever suitable candidates are not available, in exceptional circumstances.