PhD fellowship in Electrocatalysis @ University of Copenhagen
PhD fellowship in Electrocatalysis @ University of Copenhagen. University of Copenhagen invites candidates for Ph.D. fellowship in Electrocatalysis. Check out all the details for the same below:
A three-year PhD position is available at the Nano Chemistry section at the Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science at University of Copenhagen, to work on electrochemical energy conversion reactions, commencing on 1 November 2018 or as soon as possible thereafter.
The research will be focused on the preparation and characterization of nanoparticulate catalysts for electrocatalytic reactions including methane and water oxidation, as well as electrosynthesis of valuable chemicals. The Ph.D. candidate will combine chemical synthesis of nanoparticulate catalysts with electrochemical methods, non-electrochemical techniques such as in situ optical spectroscopy (mainly infra-red spectroscopy and attenuated total reflectance spectroscopy), gas chromatography and in situ/in operando synchrotron-based techniques. The employment is in the Nano Electrocatalysis group of Assistant Professor Maria Escudero-Escribano and will be part of the five-year “Villum Young Investigator” project “AtomSyn”, awarded in 2018 to Maria Escudero-Escribano by the Villum Foundation.
Principal supervisor: Assistant Professor María Escudero-Escribano, Department of Chemistry, E-mail: [email protected], Direct Phone: +45 50294317
Obtained an MSc degree in Chemistry, Nanoscience or related areas prior to the starting date.
• Background in fundamental aspects of electrochemistry and electrocatalysis.
• Experience in a synthesis of nanoparticles and electrochemical methods.
• Be familiar with other techniques such as X-ray diffraction, gas chromatography, mass spectrometry and electron microscopy.
• Excellent communication skills, and excellent spoken and written English.
• Be well-motivated, willing and able to work as part of an international team at the University of Copenhagen and to supervise MSc and BSc students.
• Be willing to collaborate with other international partners at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Stanford University or the University of California Berkeley.
The position is available for a 3-year period and your key tasks as a PhD student at SCIENCE are:
• To manage and carry through your research project
• Attend PhD courses
• Write scientific articles and your PhD thesis
• Teach and disseminate your research
• To stay at an external research institution for a few months, preferably abroad
• Work for the department
Salary: The starting salary is currently at a minimum DKK 312.879 including annual supplement (+ pension up to DKK 43.219). Negotiation for salary supplement is possible.
The deadline for applications is 1 September 2018, 23:59 GMT +2.